Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Starter Relay for Powering Electrical Accessories

Tags
relay starter
658 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  -40 
#1 ·
Hello

I have a 2015 Expedition Sport 550f.

I just wired a 12v plug and a visor jack into my starter relay. Now I am wondering if that was a good idea...

Will having electrical accessories wired into the starter relay be an issue? The circuit is constant and the relay has a 30A fuse. Each of the accessories has its own fuse.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Shouldn't be a problem. I stand to be corrected, but I believe the hot side of the solenoid has a direct connection to the battery and isn't fused. That's where I have picked up all my additional accessory power from, each with it's own fuse.

#4 ·
Shouldn't be a problem. I stand to be corrected, but I believe the hot side of the solenoid has a direct connection to the battery and isn't fused. That's where I have picked up all my additional accessory power from, each with it's own fuse.
I think the models with battery up front is protected by 30amp. But I think the wide tracks are non protected. Maybe a fuseable link somewhere ? I maybe also wrong as well

#5 ·
That's where I make my base connection to power everything off of, from the hot side of the starter solenoid. Just make sure it's fused. And if its not on a relay to only come on when the engine is running, make sure you unplug everything when not is use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.