Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Lately I've herd a kind of grinding noise while riding my sled. Mostly all of the time except when just cruising, but i get on the throttle at any point and it happens. Slow and fast. I put my sled on a stand, ran it, and noticed the gear on the starter moving out a bit and contacting the ring gear causing the grinding noise. I can see sparks by my foot while riding at night.

What is causing this or how can i fix this?

I dont know much about starters but i was maybe thinking a new spring on the outside of that gear would help??

Anyy suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my ski-doo, the started would come out & contact with the ring gear. So I called my doo dealership & told them the what was happening & they ordered a kit to go into the starter. I'm not sure on the cost. While I was waiting to the kit to come I removed my starter from the ski-doo, & taped up the wires. Very Simple.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No i'm not sure what was included in the kit. But your dealership should be able to order it in, just tell them ur problem. I removed my started because it was coming out & contacting with the ring gear alot, with the starter off it wasn't causing any problems except for no elec start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts