Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because i can only ride when i get a chance and not when conditions are perfect. i ride a lot of beat up trails. Which is why i got the rev. Right now i'm working toward setting it up for mostly stand up riding. It currently has a 2" rox riser on the stock bar. 04 500 ss btw. I'm thinking i need to go a bit higher. However I find it kind of awkward when riding sitting. there are time when i luck out and get lots of smooth stuff and can ride all day mostly sitting. Is it a set it up for one way or the other and tough it out or can you make it work good for standing and sitting. Is a flat snox bar better than the stock bend?? Course my problems could be related to the heavy steering. Any set up pointers from you stand up guys.

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
I have the stock set-up right now and was thinking about adding a 2" with the stock bars like you have done. Have you got the mobile windshield? Can you post a pic?

Sorry to reply with a question.

·
SOYFSOTT
1,024 Posts
my bars (on an x renegade) are a little lower than i need to stand all the way up, but comfortable for when i'm sitting. the way i see it, it's a compromise.

my steering is very heavy with powder pro's and 9" of carbide.

like on the dirtbike and streetbike i use a lot more than my arms to steer and conrtoll the sled.

·
SOYFSOTT
1,024 Posts
05REVSTER said:
I have the stock set-up right now and was thinking about adding a 2" with the stock bars like you have done. Have you got the mobile windshield? Can you post a pic?

[snapback]313753[/snapback]​
i had this set up on my 03

it just raised the windshield 2" too.

i didn't bother trying to lower it.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have the steering stem in the forward position and a 8 inch riser on my 04 800X and while sitting the bars are a little high (everyone who rides my sled only takes it for a few min and then complain about the bars being too high) but for stand up riding they are sweet. Being 6'1 I find this to be a good all around set-up and have gotten used to it, you just sit more up right while riding. The only down fall to having a tall riser and straight bars is you can't really see the guages. You have to either stand to see them or look to the side under the bars, this is where the "U" bars might have an advantage. With that being said I wouldn't use the "U" bars, I'm not a big fan of how they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
MaryTylerMorphine said:
nice warning labels!
[snapback]313845[/snapback]​
I know.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There is a company that makes an adjustable riser! I think you just pull out a pin and move it until you get the desired height. I have seen them before and they look like a quality product, you might want to look into these so you don't have to compromise!

·
Registered
639 Posts
05REVSTER said:

Here's a pic of mine w/ the stock bars and mobile shield w/ a 2" homemade riser. It's the one on the right.

This pic. is w/ the fixed shield.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I got the 440 Highrise kit and love the straight bars and handguards...didn't use the windshield it came with though i though it was too high but a great kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've got about a 1.5" homemade riser on my stock '03 handlebars. No issues with the mobile windshield. I'm 6'0" and another inch would be better for standing but I don't think it would be as good for sitting. It's a compromise and mine is close enough. Stock is definitely not close enough for my height and preferences, IMO. A little bit goes a long way.

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport

·
Registered
63 Posts
Handguards are sportech chrome in gold/yellow I believe.
Bars could be the stock ones with a small riser and with bars twisted all the way up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
05REVSTER said:

Revster my sled looks like weckers. You can use the stock shield w/a 2" riser. Looks a wee bit odd but i can live with it. thanks for the replys. I'll mess with the stock bars a bit and the thumb flipper location a bit. I have a rox riser so i can rotate things a bit. I'm thinking a 4" riser and flatter bars migh be the way to go tho. My biggest problem is the thumb flipper angle and the heavy steering. 5' 11" btw.

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
Skid Jackson said:
05REVSTER said:

Revster my sled looks like weckers. You can use the stock shield w/a 2" riser. Looks a wee bit odd but i can live with it. thanks for the replys. I'll mess with the stock bars a bit and the thumb flipper location a bit. I have a rox riser so i can rotate things a bit. I'm thinking a 4" riser and flatter bars migh be the way to go tho. My biggest problem is the thumb flipper angle and the heavy steering. 5' 11" btw.
[snapback]314266[/snapback]​
K thanks man. I think I might raise mine 2" for next year with stock bars. I think I might also goto a med windshield with handguards. The kit from Doo would be the way to go but its a bit expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Skid Jackson said:
05REVSTER said:

[snapback]314266[/snapback]​
Do you have to do anything special for electric cables, throttle cable or brake line? IS their extentions for these or isther enough slack to do the job?

AC

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Didn't have to do anything special,. Cut a couple of zip ties and that was it. real simple. If you can turn a wrench and screw drive umm torx driver you can do it.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
stand up riding is the most efficient for the bumps and flying but you gotta have good legs to do it for hours on end...

older riders will have a hard time of it...

the key to the rev was being able to get off your "edit for bad language" in a hurry just when need and much more often than on a conventional sled.

that is why I am so suprised that they are making the sleds lower again like with the RT chassis.

A 2" higher seat would make standing even easier, not the other way around...

seems like doo is kinda backing off the rev... I want more rider forward... not less! I still ride the tank even on the rev and man the things you can go over riding like that and not having to stand too often is amazing!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I agree with Viper......I moved my post forward wich gave about 1.5" more height to standard x bars......then added 8" riser. For sure this is to high for sitting, I'm 6'7" and ride motorcycle trial, ie, bikes with no seats.......I can stand and ride all day but this is to high for trail riding or sitting.

IMO Add about 2" to non x models and move post forward on x....this give about same position and is pretty close to best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts