Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Stackable fuel caddy question

780 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  revrnd 
#1 ·
I bought a new 4 gallon stackable fuel caddy. The part that the release button is on rotates appropriately 1/2" (from about the 8:30 to the 10:00 position). Is this normal, what's the purpose for this or did l get a defective can? Thanks!
Camera accessory Automotive lighting Camera lens Digital camera Cameras & optics
Camera accessory Camera lens Automotive lighting Cameras & optics Digital camera

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
My buddy's doesn't rotate, either. Not sure if this matters but mine has a sock in the filler neck and my buddy's doesn't. This has me wondering if they changed something and mine is simply the latest revision??

After a closer look at the tabs, it appears as though it's made to allow it to rotate (not sure why????). Also, the part that moves doesn't appear to be made to seal so the movement may be a moot point.

BTW, once the cap is tight the part doesn't move. Strange...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have a 3 gall/11 L caddy & the ring rotates quite easily, around the neck. It's 3 or 4 years old.

One question I have about the caddies is that mine along w/ others I've seen pics of online have a yellow stopper 'insert' while others are black. Any reason or just a colour change?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.