Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a run in with the railroad tracks. Had to replace the trailing arm, shock and tie rods. My stabilzer bar was also bent back slightly. How far out of whack can this be without a problem. If I capture the trailing arm is that good enough. Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatly not. It is bent back about 2" if that helps. I know I can bend it back, but not to its original position. The trailing arm seems to have some play as far as where the stabilizer sits in it. that is why I ask the question

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Dont do it. I just bent another bar on my friends yammaha. We tried to bend it back, but it split. One bump, and she was gone, yet again. Tried welding her but that didn't work. Spend the 63 bucks and get a new one...

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
If you're talking about the bottom one being bent....i bent mine early in the season, the rock seemed to know exactly where to hit me... Anyways i used a vise on the floor to straighten it out, can hardly tell i hit anything....small dent now.... i'd try to repair it but if you see a crack then replace for safety reasons...... just my $.02

·
Registered
757 Posts
You probly won't be able to bend it back without it snapping. That thing is made out of some hard stuff. I landed a jump on one ski last year and snapped that thing clean off flush with the bulkhead. Its not you common round stock.
It may ride ok the way it is though. Or you could just take it off and try it that way. Depending on what kind of riding you do you might like it. If you ride fast groomed trails the ZX without a sway bar can get a little hairy. You'll need to crank up the front springs. If you do a lot of ditch banging, powder or freeriding you will probly like it.
Last year I spent $63 dollars on a new one because I didn't like the way it handled on fast groomed trails without one. If I could do it over again I would have invested in some stiffer springs instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts