Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stabilizer bar and I am trying to put it on my expedition 550F. How the heck do you get it through the nun? I took the two hole covers off but it just wont go in past the bend. I'm sure there's a trick to it, help me please!!!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a bit of searching I think I found the answer to my question: use a little brute force on get it in, I hate to force on something cause I have broke stuff in the past. If there is anything to make this easier leme know.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
So you got it in?
I went thru the same thing a month ago. Next time wouldn't take 1/4 the time.
I didn't take the hole covers off, I just rotated them around out of the way.
Then I decided I had to take the pipe off, to get at the bolt that holds the starter ground wire on. The bar wouldn't go by it. I turned the bolt around so the long end was pointing the other way.
So that led to making an exhaust spring puller. Needed one anyway, just wasn't planning on the time to make it right then.
Had to unbolt the LHS shock, and tie rod end, so the thing would get in the right place. I think that was all.
Tipped sled way up on RHS, managed to wiggle it thru, last little bit needed a hammer tap.
Then bolted it all back together.
Killed most of a good Sunday.
Sure handles better, but also can't throw it around like before. But I've only been out on 2 rides this year.

G

·
Have the whole NEW stabilizer kit, that i am willing to sell for what i paid for it....if anyone is interested??? PM me... I have everything,... 1/2" bar....rivets etc ..."COMPLETE to do the job"...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.