Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to create a different trip from st J Vt to possibly Canada....maybe somewhere to even stay in canada one night and then return....never ridden in canada, nice change possibly....any ideas or old trips anyone might know...we usually stay at the comfort inn in st j....
thanks

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
looking to create a different trip from st J Vt to possibly Canada....maybe somewhere to even stay in canada one night and then return....never ridden in canada, nice change possibly....any ideas or old trips anyone might know...we usually stay at the comfort inn in st j....
thanks
ST. Jay to the border (Derby)is only about a half day ride. How many days are you thinking? I like staying overnight at The Crossing, a small Inn in Richford VT. when I'm saddle bagging up there. A nice days ride from ST Jay. A loop via Danville, Craftsbury, Albany lowell, Montgomery Center, Richford. Next day head east to Jay, cross Lake Memphromagog, down to Island Pond then back to ST Jay would be awesome. If you want to do the Canada thing I would recommend crossing in the NEK, Derby line or Norton. There are so many possible rides in the areas you are talking about you almost can't go wrong.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ST. Jay to the border (Derby)is only about a half day ride. How many days are you thinking? I like staying overnight at The Crossing, a small Inn in Richford VT. when I'm saddle bagging up there. A nice days ride from ST Jay. A loop via Danville, Craftsbury, Albany lowell, Montgomery Center, Richford. Next day head east to Jay, cross Lake Memphromagog, down to Island Pond then back to ST Jay would be awesome. If you want to do the Canada thing I would recommend crossing in the NEK, Derby line or Norton. There are so many possible rides in the areas you are talking about you almost can't go wrong.
thats sounds great..thinking about crossing in norton,,,,but then how far or where to stay once we cross canadian border?? its seems hard to find info on this
thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
i have a place in west charleston vt. if you want a nice place to stay you can go to the WilloughVale inn on lake willoughby. its a great place to stay and they have a trail that goes right to the vast trail that will take you to derby, then on to canada

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a place in west charleston vt. if you want a nice place to stay you can go to the WilloughVale inn on lake willoughby. its a great place to stay and they have a trail that goes right to the vast trail that will take you to derby, then on to canada
thanks...that sounds great

·
Registered
111 Posts
thanks
Crossing at Canaan/Beecher Falls is also a nice ride. Trails are more in the woods and not as much fields like the other crossings. It is also groomed very nicely. You can get your Quebec passes at the Northland in Caanan, across the border at Hotel Sawyerville, and I think at the Norton general store. Could ride up past Sawyerville, head towards Sherbrooke, skirt around the city and head back over at either Derby or Norton. A 3 day ride with an overnight somewhere would make it more enjoyable and could ride more trail and see more views. A 4 day even better as you could loop over to Lac-Megantic and back.
Quebec trail pass prices this year at this link:
http://www.fcmq.qc.ca/english/index1.asp?id=144

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
thats sounds great..thinking about crossing in norton,,,,but then how far or where to stay once we cross canadian border?? its seems hard to find info on this
thanks in advance
Ive made it from Derby to Thetford Mines in one day to give you an idea how far you could get. That was in before dark and 4 of us on 3 sleds. Goggle FCMQ and start messing with their map.
Post questions on quebecrider.com or hardcoresledder
The Chaudiere Applache region and the Bai St Laurent are great regions to explore, and they are not too far from VT.
Do you ride with a GPS? You can get Quebec trail downloaded to your unit, I find this extremely helpful.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive made it from Derby to Thetford Mines in one day to give you an idea how far you could get. That was in before dark and 4 of us on 3 sleds. Goggle FCMQ and start messing with their map.
Post questions on quebecrider.com or hardcoresledder
The Chaudiere Applache region and the Bai St Laurent are great regions to explore, and they are not too far from VT.
Do you ride with a GPS? You can get Quebec trail downloaded to your unit, I find this extremely helpful.
thanks these routes are very helpful,,,,will check out that link as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts