Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding this weekend, my 05 600sdi gade developed a high pitch squeal while accelerating. Seems to be in the 5500-6500 rpm range. Can't hear anything at idle or while running on a stand. Loose it over 6500 rpm, but don't know if its just getting drowned out by increased engine noise. Its a very high pitched squeal and not all that loud, but actually quite an annoying sound, and more concerning is what it could possible be.

Just a little more info - about 7000km on sled, no previous issues. From what I can determine, it sounds like its originating from the clutch side. Clutches were just cleaned and everything appeared fine.

Just looking for suggestions/diagnose help.

thanks,

FishHog

·
Registered
32 Posts
FishHog said:
Riding this weekend, my 05 600sdi gade developed a high pitch squeal while accelerating. Seems to be in the 5500-6500 rpm range. Can't hear anything at idle or while running on a stand. Loose it over 6500 rpm, but don't know if its just getting drowned out by increased engine noise. Its a very high pitched squeal and not all that loud, but actually quite an annoying sound, and more concerning is what it could possible be.

Just a little more info - about 7000km on sled, no previous issues. From what I can determine, it sounds like its originating from the clutch side. Clutches were just cleaned and everything appeared fine.

Just looking for suggestions/diagnose help.

thanks,

FishHog
[snapback]749047[/snapback]​
I doubt this is it but have you put on a new belt lately or tightened the clutch up?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking possibly belt related, and was going to change it just to trial it, but we were running late so I didn't do it yesterday. Haven't had a chance to switch yet. That being said, I don't honestly think its the belt. But you never know.

thanks for the suggestion.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I posted this morning with simular problem. My problem is with the electric start. The gear on the starter in higher rpms is making contact with the gear on the clutch.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DRZAP said:
I posted this morning with simular problem. My problem is with the electric start. The gear on the starter in higher rpms is making contact with the gear on the clutch.
[snapback]749560[/snapback]​
I'll look into that, but somehow I don't believe that was it. Seems like that would be more of a metalic noise, were mine was more of a squeal. However, its definitely worth a look.

thanks,

FishHog

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Yes my did have a metal to metal sound but with the helmet on at first I thought it was belt or clutch noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.