Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what's going on with the Sprucedale Hotel? Their web site says "closed for renovations" It's old, but always warm and friendly, hope it's only temporary, I'd miss Mike.

·
Registered
799 Posts
ya its done, hearing for good due to the amount and cost to repair the building.

the last many years I just went across the street for food, better, quieter and I can have a beer trailside instead of waiting an hour at the hotel..

·
2nd Whore in command
102,243 Posts
That's too bad to hear, usually stop in there for a beer and dinner when we head up there for our yearly off trail trip, buddies Uncle has a hunt camp not far from there.

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Not that I loved the place really.....but it was a good spot between Parry Sound and Kearney....and lets face it, the hotel was rather iconic! I can remember that place and sledding for many many yrs now.....this will be a great loss.

this season is full of bad news all around it seems!

Dan

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
Yeah Papa.....I agree. I actually rarely ate there the last few yrs, but it was always a "mainstay" on the seguin, and in my sledding memories since I was young. We would usually stop there if only to see all the sleds parked out back but still was a midpoint on the mighty seguin trail.

We actually will usually run to either Kearney or Sand lake for food anyway, as they are all typically better choices, but it sure will be missed either way.

Man we need snow!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had a cottage about 15km away from there. Been going to the hotel for 45 years. It was dump, but I'll miss it. They had strippers in there for deer season about 10years ago. Hung some green tarps up to make a lap dance room. Very classy. The joke with us was paying the stripper to take a buddy back there. He went yelling and screaming that he didn't want to go.

For years they used to have a clock that the second hand would tick up to 12, then fall to bottom and swing back and forth until the clock caught back up to it. Some new owners came at one point and threw it out. Next time I was there, I asked where the clock was. He said had he know how important that was to everyone he would have kept it. Said he had been asked that same question about a 1000 times since he tossed it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Their website says temporarily closed for repairs. I was in that area last weekend and heard it's about a few violations they had. Too bad, was a great stop-off, had character of it's own. I didn't know there was another spot in town, so good to hear there's an option. Also Edgewater to the east is always good, and Magnetawan Grill to the north good too.

Hopefully Sprucedale re-opens, sure don't like seeing those old historic places fall by the wayside!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had a cottage about 15km away from there. Been going to the hotel for 45 years. It was dump, but I'll miss it. They had strippers in there for deer season about 10years ago. Hung some green tarps up to make a lap dance room. Very classy. The joke with us was paying the stripper to take a buddy back there. He went yelling and screaming that he didn't want to go.

For years they used to have a clock that the second hand would tick up to 12, then fall to bottom and swing back and forth until the clock caught back up to it. Some new owners came at one point and threw it out. Next time I was there, I asked where the clock was. He said had he know how important that was to everyone he would have kept it. Said he had been asked that same question about a 1000 times since he tossed it.
I heard from a friend that they used to have strippers there. Did they have any teeth?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I dine across the street at the general store. I believe its the same interior designer as the hotel.

2 egg, sausage, toast and a milk shake. If my memory serves me correctly, Mr smiley, is Denis.

Always buy a lottery ticket there too. Its just the kind of place that will be in the news.

spruce.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: rockerdan
1 - 20 of 58 Posts