Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a set of Exit Front shocks, and they use a large circlip to hold the top spring cup at each preload position. I find it too difficult to hold the spring at tension to adjust the circlip alone, and it's a crap shoot with a good helper. I asked a shock guy and he suggested using a ratchet strap, keeping the hooks from slipping by using some electrical tape, or maybe zip ties. Fully installed in the sled, there's not much room for the strap gismo, and, granted, I didn't yet try it, I'm skeptical it will work. It's not an adjustment you need to make alot, but in my case it's proved difficult and I'm looking for that golden bullet.

So I'm asking you guys, anyone got this type of adjuster?What did you do? Anyone got the secret to this?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I’ve had them yes I found them a pain also. Best thing for me was just to take weight off front of sled so springs are fully extended and then I was able to compress spring by hand

·
Registered
119 Posts
In addition to taking the weight off, you could try heavy-duty zip ties. Loop them through near the top & bottom of the coils. Just cut them off when you are done. Might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can take the weight off and use hose clamps. I have used this method and the only minor issue is tightening the clamps to force them into the oval shape they will assume wrapping around the coils.

·
Windsurfnut
1,238 Posts
Been there.. it was a pain. I would just tip the sled up on its side, balance it against my body and adjust. Sucked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts