Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
When drag racing and hooked up, yes the Sport mode is faster. In saying that, if traction is not great, you could be faster in normal mode due to slower reaction with throttle giving better traction. WOT is WOT for top end, no matter sport or normal mode.

Bob

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Standard and Sport mode make the same max HP, it's just the way it's delivered. Your question is more complicated than you think- unless you are a seasoned straight line racer, maybe you know what I mean. Traction is the main question. If you have unreal traction, like the best traction scenario imaginable then Sport should "theoretically" be faster (not necessarily). I would need to know your race details as well. Are we talking a 660', 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, etc.

Edit: Bar beat me to it!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
LOL, we both think alike!

Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought RPM's were limited and fuel mapping was less aggressive. On my 1200 my sled is about 10 miles per hour different from standard to sport mode

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I thought RPM's were limited and fuel mapping was less aggressive. On my 1200 my sled is about 10 miles per hour different from standard to sport mode

RPM's and power are the same at WOT. The differences are at other throttle inputs. I used to have the information somewhere but can't find it now.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I don't have a turbo but my normal mode is 10mph slower than Sport mode.

·
Registered
666 Posts

On top end? I don't believe it.Top end is the same, at least on my 16 1200.

·
Registered
65 Posts
On top end? I don't believe it.Top end is the same, at least on my 16 1200.
I guess I didn't try it enough but I was definitely lower on RPMs and was not even reaching top speed when in standard mode

·
Registered
916 Posts

The 1200's are different then the 900T. Your eco is around 40 mph also where as I can still hit 80mph in eco.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Clutching has a factor here as well. Can take longer to build max rpms in blue. Blue mode is faster if your the type that mashes the throttle at the start of the race. The power comes on slower and you maintain traction. Like others have said white mode is faster only under high traction. Now if you can moderate the throttle in white.... never mind...nobody can do that.???? My 4000 miles worth of observation.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts