Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have seen on here people who have put a sport performance flared windshield, don't know which one, pn 860200602 or medium-pn 860200759, and have kept the handguards on their XRS's. I have a '15 XRS that I would like to put a taller shield on for those -10 and colder days. I have had the standard "x" model shield on my XRS from day one and that does okay until I get under 0 a ways and just trail riding and not working up a sweat ditchbanging, etc. I do not want to put the bars in the rear positon, but would be okay rotating bars back a little in present position to make things work.

My dealer showed me how he took the medium injected with side deflector windshield and put it on his XRS and kept handguards. He cut a little off the corners off the shield and rotated his bars back a little and made it work. I bought a medium injected shield from him and put in on mine last night to get a feel on how much higher this shield was than my X shield and visulaize how much I would need to trim off the corners to make handguards clear. I am NOT real wild about cutting the shield, mostly because of the way it will look after done(rough and homemade) even with a good smooth cut. So I am having second thoughts about cutting and keeping this shield. I do like the extra height of this shield though. I put a level on top of my X shield and the new shield and put the level out over the top of my handlebar padding. X shield is 1" above padding and new shield is about 4-1/2" above padding. So 3-1/2" taller.

So I am curious if the anyone that has used the sport performance flared(high or medium) and made it work with the handguards AND if they could measure how much taller the shield is from the top of the hanldebar padding. I am just now thinking now that my bars, as set by the dealer, might be forward or backward of others, so measure down to a fixed point(top of gas cap, etc). My dealer says he does not think the sport flared(model?) is that much taller than the standard X shield. Thanks.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think I have seen on here people who have put a sport performance flared windshield, don't know which one, pn 860200602 or medium-pn 860200759, and have kept the handguards on their XRS's. I have a '15 XRS that I would like to put a taller shield on for those -10 and colder days. I have had the standard "x" model shield on my XRS from day one and that does okay until I get under 0 a ways and just trail riding and not working up a sweat ditchbanging, etc. I do not want to put the bars in the rear positon, but would be okay rotating bars back a little in present position to make things work.

My dealer showed me how he took the medium injected with side deflector windshield and put it on his XRS and kept handguards. He cut a little off the corners off the shield and rotated his bars back a little and made it work. I bought a medium injected shield from him and put in on mine last night to get a feel on how much higher this shield was than my X shield and visulaize how much I would need to trim off the corners to make handguards clear. I am NOT real wild about cutting the shield, mostly because of the way it will look after done(rough and homemade) even with a good smooth cut. So I am having second thoughts about cutting and keeping this shield. I do like the extra height of this shield though. I put a level on top of my X shield and the new shield and put the level out over the top of my handlebar padding. X shield is 1" above padding and new shield is about 4-1/2" above padding. So 3-1/2" taller.

So I am curious if the anyone that has used the sport performance flared(high or medium) and made it work with the handguards AND if they could measure how much taller the shield is from the top of the hanldebar padding. I am just now thinking now that my bars, as set by the dealer, might be forward or backward of others, so measure down to a fixed point(top of gas cap, etc). My dealer says he does not think the sport flared(model?) is that much taller than the standard X shield. Thanks.
They make small edge trim material that you could slide over the cut edges and make it look much better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
O

I only have one pic of it on, it is also plasti dipped on the inside. It clears but I have a iso-vibe intalled and raises it by inch and half.

Wouldn't clear without the iso-vibe

C2878C53-F6FF-4AB8-A766-E17DBD804D70.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts