Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the motor out of my buddies 700 MXZ. I cannot for the life of me figure how to split the case to see how bad the crank is woooooooooooofed. Metal shavings all over the Mag side. DOOOOOO anyone know how to split this "edit for bad language"?

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
I have always beat around the seam with a rubber mallet, it that doesnt work be really careful and use a chisel.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some shots of the piston and jug. Can the cylinder be fixed? I don't have a lot of cash to spend on this sled. Any cost savings would be really helpful, since the season is coming to a close and we have only ridden twice. BTW, what would case a crank to come to a screeeeetching halt? Put 80 miles on it one day the next...14 miles and she comes to a dead stop? Included shots of the head. It looks like new!

Attachments

·
ammunta katselija
1,698 Posts
FreezeFrame said:
Last one
[snapback]711899[/snapback]​
Look at the bottom of the piston. The angle on the picture looks like a crank bearing started to come apart. If that is the case the parts will hit the underside of the piston before they work their way out taking the cylinder with it. No cheap way to fix that. rebuild the crank and replace a cylinder and piston and rings.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any suggestions as to who in the Detroit area does cranks. BYW...what would case a bearing failure at 2200 miles?

·
ammunta katselija
1,698 Posts
FreezeFrame said:
Any suggestions as to who in the Detroit area does cranks. BYW...what would case a bearing failure at 2200 miles?
[snapback]711950[/snapback]​
If it wasn't properly fogged on there was high humidity then the bearings can start to rust. That would cause it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts