Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed in a few other pictures that other guys have a problem with their shock covers spinning around. Does anyone know the secret to keeping them in place? It's not that big of a deal, but I figured somebody might have an answer.

Yes, I like my Ski-Doo to be facing outwards so people can see it and yes, I know some people don't like shock covers!! I do and this is my thread!!!!

I was thinking of using some double-sided tape on the inside of the cover but I can't see that lasting very long. Maybe I'll just have to live with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Myself, I decided to rub the "ski-doo" right off as it starts flaking within a few hours of normal use/abuse.

They look fine all black, and you never have to worry about them twisting around and looking goofy.

Dynamo^Joe also removed his "ski-doo" lettering the day he got his shock covers, to not interfere with his blacked out 440 REV.

Your covers may not be black, but a solid colour looks better to me than writing that is half flaked away.

HamrHead

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mark- I have the SD shock covers and dont recall them ever turning. Have you tried stretching the shock cover all the way down to the ends OVER the shock housing? My covers actually get caught on the housing and will NOT spin.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the black Skidoo shock covers
They doo spin around.

But I solved the problem in 2 seconds.
Use a black tie-wrap around the top, and pull it tight.

They dont move, and you cant see the tie-wrap because its black!!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I've got one that spins and one that stays put. I just straighten it out whenever it bugs me enough while stopped.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll try binding it up on that shock housing. My right cover doesn't spin...only my left one for some reason. If that doesn't work I actually think I have some yellow ties that I could use. Good idea!

I'll also keep my eyes on that flaking issue. If it does start to look like crap I'll probably just rub it all off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, rub away! haha

I think I recall folding it in half (the long way) and rubbing the logo against itself from the inside of the cover...shredded away like nothing.

HamrHead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts