Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer doesnt work,I removed cable end from the bottom and manually checked it and it worked on the gauge,then I reconnected it on the bottom and removed it from the gauge end and it wouldnt spin. Where do i go from here?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Did you check the short cable thet goes from the bottom angle drive into the crank shaft. Just unscrew the 90 degree unit on the bottom and its right there. The cable is only about 2 to 3 " long. They are only a couple bucks to buy. It is common for these to break.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sleddoctor said:
Did you check the short cable thet goes from the bottom angle drive into the crank shaft. Just unscrew the 90 degree unit on the bottom and its right there. The cable is only about 2 to 3 " long. They are only a couple bucks to buy. It is common for these to break.
[snapback]283396[/snapback]​
Thanks for the tip,I'll check it out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mirage Special 377 said:
sleddoctor said:
[snapback]283396[/snapback]​
Thanks for the tip,I'll check it out.
[snapback]283677[/snapback]​
Where does a fella get one of these short cables anyway?
Are they pretty common on alot of different sleds or would a 9500 Blizzard have a special one?
Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mirage Special 377 said:
My speedometer doesnt work,I removed cable end from the bottom and manually checked it and it worked on the gauge,then I reconnected it on the bottom and removed it from the gauge end and it wouldnt spin. Where do i go from here?
[snapback]283357[/snapback]​
Check the drive mechanism on the drive shaft. If it is like mine, it se3ized & spun the short cable off.
Clean it up & gently break it loose with a #8 robertson screwdriver. Then when it turns freely. lubricate it. I used dry graphite on mine. Lubed the cable as well. Now I gotta find the short cable piece

·
Registered
112 Posts
talla said:
Mirage Special 377 said:
Check the drive mechanism on the drive shaft. If it is like mine, it se3ized & spun the short cable off.
Clean it up & gently break it loose with a #8 robertson screwdriver. Then when it turns freely. lubricate it. I used dry graphite on mine. Lubed the cable as well. Now I gotta find the short cable piece
[snapback]289326[/snapback]​
I pulled the drive shaft out to change the track this morning, & I see that there is a seal on the drive shaft which seals moisture out of the bearing & speedo hookup. Mine was toast. Lotsa rust behind it as well. I would assume that this is why the speedo crapped out. Maybe it would be a good idea to check this seal before changing the cable so you don't wind up changing the cable all the time.
Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
talla said:
talla said:
Mirage Special 377 said:
[snapback]289326[/snapback]​
I pulled the drive shaft out to change the track this morning, & I see that there is a seal on the drive shaft which seals moisture out of the bearing & speedo hookup. Mine was toast. Lotsa rust behind it as well. I would assume that this is why the speedo crapped out. Maybe it would be a good idea to check this seal before changing the cable so you don't wind up changing the cable all the time.
Alex
[snapback]289863[/snapback]​
Thanks for the info Alex.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts