Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have read about the other problems regarding the speedo's sitting at 139 mph But mine is sitting at 30 then goes up from there when riding. I have changed the relay to the NAPA AR143 but no differance.
Is there anything else to try.
When I fire it up the speedo will go to zero,click several times and then return to 30 mph. Both when starting the engine and if i just push the starter without actually starting it,

I fixed it... thanks to a reply it worked .. now we dont have any snow to test it out but did run it lifted up and it worked.. here is how.
When you start hold the speedo button in, it showed the 10-9 code lifted and pushed again it showed "scale" while holding button it will show the circle motion and wathc the speedo needle back up keep holding till it goes to zero.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Anything that is around 30 mph and goes through its test pattern ok is usually a bad gauge.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
About $210.00 fix

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this will help but it worked for me. First, mine did the same thing. I believe it all started when my reset botton froze in. By the time I figured out the button was stuck I had somehow recalibrated the speedo to read 30km/h as 0. To fix I discovered if I held the reset botton in at the same time that I started the machine the speedo goes into some sort of calibration mode. I can't remember all the different steps it does (it makes little rotating wheels and such) but right before the end there was a pause in the sequence and when I hit reset again it now recalibrated 0 km/h to 0. It has worked fine since. This happened quite a while ago so I cannot really remember the exact details of what happens after you put it in "calibration mode". Just experiment and see. I hope this helps.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MeDoo said:
Not sure if this will help but it worked for me. First, mine did the same thing. I believe it all started when my reset botton froze in. By the time I figured out the button was stuck I had somehow recalibrated the speedo to read 30km/h as 0. To fix I discovered if I held the reset botton in at the same time that I started the machine the speedo goes into some sort of calibration mode. I can't remember all the different steps it does (it makes little rotating wheels and such) but right before the end there was a pause in the sequence and when I hit reset again it now recalibrated 0 km/h to 0. It has worked fine since. This happened quite a while ago so I cannot really remember the exact details of what happens after you put it in "calibration mode". Just experiment and see. I hope this helps.

John
[snapback]753744[/snapback]​
YOUR THE MAN ... IT WORKED. I held the button in while starting the sled, it went to the 10-9 code pushed again and stated scale then hold in the button while the first circle motion is in process. continued holding and watched the speedo click slowly backwards till it went to zero. No snow to test but it is working ... THANK YOU ... THANK YOU ..... THANK YOU ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote name='Schoe' date='Mar 8 2006, 08:41 PM']
Anybody got some cheap gages to sell, mine is stuck too...
[snapback]753656[/snapback]​
[/quote

i fixed mine... hold the button in on the speedo and then start it. it showed the 10-9 code I lifted and pushed again it showed "scale" Pushed again and held while the circle showes continue holding in and watch the needle go backwards till it gets to zero then lift off.
Now we dont have any snow to ride on but i lifted it and it worked,,, I am stoked so far.. hope it works for you and save the $$$$$
good luck
hexnut

1 - 9 of 9 Posts