Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Its just a connection you make to go to Km or Miles. If you switched already, do it in reverse.

Unplug the current connection to the speedo, and connect the one thats not being used (right beside it, looks the same) into the speedo.

FishHog

·
Registered
67 Posts
theres a connection in the engine bay; above the primary clutch. There are some wires coming from an electrical module (small one, about 1 inch by 2 inches). on the harness going from this module towards the front fuse box; there is a single wire with a snap connection. Unhook this wire for Miles and hook her up for KM.

ride on.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I understand how to change the connector to have kilometres show up on the display - change it from miles I mean. One question I have about it is if you do not have it changed and the odometer is showing miles, does that mean that the speedometer is showing the speed as miles per hour instead of kilometres per hour? If you put those two switches back together to have the odometer convert into kilometres, then does the speedometer show KPH on it for your speed?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Thor583 said:
I understand how to change the connector to have kilometres show up on the display - change it from miles I mean. One question I have about it is if you do not have it changed and the odometer is showing miles, does that mean that the speedometer is showing the speed as miles per hour instead of kilometres per hour? If you put those two switches back together to have the odometer convert into kilometres, then does the speedometer show KPH on it for your speed?
[snapback]261721[/snapback]​
Yes thats exactly how it works. You either get everything in mph or everything in km/h.

FishHog

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, what ever mode the display is in that is what the speedo will read. Because at first my buddy did not notice it was in KM until he started going down the trail. When he stopped he said there is something wrong with my speedo because it keeps reading over 100, that's when we figured it out. Thank's a ton Fishhog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts