Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has any of you guys had a speedo cable start to go bad and it make a clicking sound. I think mine is I have checked everything on the left side for this noise took the clutches apart nothing there. put a new belt on and checked all the bearings the are good to go I have only 800 miles on my 98 fIII 700 but if that thing has sat a while can the cable dry out and start making a clicking noise? only does it when im moving. track tension is good new hyfax and idler bearings I have checked everything and cant figure this out. the speedo cable is the only thing left moving in there on the left side. I have seen this happen on cars before and am wondering if any of you have seen it on a sled before. thanks guys Oh yea the needle on the speedo works great no bouncing around or anything. I would disconnect it and try riding it but there is no snow on the ground

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have a 99 mxz 600 and I have a wierd noise coming from the left side.Sounds like a string spinning and hitting something.Can`t hear it a WOT.Drivin me nuts tryin to figure what it is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
bassaction said:
I have a 99 mxz 600 and I have a wierd noise coming from the left side.Sounds like a string spinning and hitting something.Can`t hear it a WOT.Drivin me nuts tryin to figure what it is.

[snapback]693375[/snapback]​
Have you greased the drive axle bearing? Theres a zerk fitting under the speedo cable where the cable goes in the tub. The fitting is directly under the cable. A lil hard to see but by feel you'll know when youre on it and give it a couple pumps of white lith. Worth a try, Good Luck

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I greased it. Sounds like bassaction and I have the exact same problem. If anybody else has heard of this let us know this is nutz. I would disconnect the speedo and try driving it but we have no snow. this winter sucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts