Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed quite a few people on here with this problem so I thought I'd share a possible fix:
Most will say to check the microswitch first but if it's just the indicator light in the speedo flickering then it can't possibly be the switch (this was already put to bed in another thread a couple weeks ago-there are only two wires going to the switch). The other day I changed my tail light bulb 'cause the running light filament in it blew and what do you know? The speedo light hasen't come on since unless I use the brake. Faulty bulb.

·
Registered
428 Posts
how much are the tail light bulbs? cost isnt an issue but i just want to get an approimate value.

i had that problem 2 weeks ago when i was up riding and i need one for the weekend.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one I bought was only a cheapo $1.20. The oem ones are probably $10. I can't really tell you if there's any difference, I doubt the OEM one will last 10 times as long as the cheapo though. Take the one in the sled out and bring it with you wihen you go to get a new one (if not to a doo dealer) to be sure it is correct.

·
Registered
35 Posts
check your ecm plug....my engine light was on ..but no code....the gasket on the plug was bad and water was in there.....may be your problem.

just try'n to help

leon

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey ih302,

my light has been flickering consistently for the past month on my 05 GTX. I took it in to the dealer......along with bad passenger heated grips. They were pretty sure it was either a bad oil sensor or the micro switch in the brake. Needless to say they forgot to check it out any ways so after a day of ride'n and watch'n the light flash all day I decided to do what you recommended. Right now I have almost 400 miles under my belt and the light hasn't flashed once. By the way, do you have any fixes for my rear handwarmers? The FORTH pair and now the new ones don't work. THANKS

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to help you. Sorry, but my sled dosen't have the rear handles, let alone heated handles so I can't help you there. I heard that they were a problem when they first came out but geez I figured they'd had that straightened out by now. Did you get the bulb at the dealer? The cheapie I put in didn't last too long the ones doo sells are for severe service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an old post but I found it by searching and it was helpful to me so I figure it will probably help someone else out too.

I bought an 05 500ss this past weekend and the brake light was flickering, mostly at higher speeds. Read this post, swapped out the tail light for a cheapy I had laying around the garage and it's fixed.

This is my first Doo. It is really nice to have such an active and knowledgable forum as a resource.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
My girlfriend told me her brake light on teh dash was flickering on a 600 SDI gade so I hopped on the back to check it out. I told her to loosen the pressure she had from keeping her finger on the brake leaver while riding. Must have been her new gloves (yes dear). That was the easiest fix of all and she had no problems after that. And I even had her convinced her speedo was in KM's instead of miles and she was going too slow to keep up. She told me she was running 90 on the straights and the lake and that it felt really fast. I am sure she will be pleased once I actually tell her it is in miles per hour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts