Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend rides with a BR8ES in his Citation ls(253 motor) and my manuel it says use a BR9ES. I tryed the BR8ES and my 1990 Citation ran a lot better and smoother. What spark plug should I use? By the way i'm only 13 and i'm new here.

·
Registered
319 Posts
welcome to the board! unfortunately i don't have an answer for you, but i have the same question, i'm wondering if i can use them in my cat. i would say if your running them now and it runs good just keep checking them and make sure they're a nice tan color, not white, white means your gonna go bang soon. hopefully someone can chime in with a more definite answer.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Welcome to the site, lots of friendly people on here, and lots of info.

The BR8ES is a hotter plug, and shouldnt effect the way it runs too much. After some riding, take the plug out, and check its color, it should be a tan color.

As a general rule, dont go more than 2 numbers hotter on the plugs, and on NGK plugs, the lower the number, the hotter the spark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks guys. It's having a suspension overhaul right now and we need some snow, but i'll check the plugs when I got on it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts