Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 670 rotax wont fire, i just got it back from being rebuilt at the dealers.does the pickup on the meg need to be gapped?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
my 670 rotax wont fire, i just got it back from being rebuilt at the dealers.does the pickup on the meg need to be gapped?
Yes it's called Air Gap I beleive should be between 22 thousands & 57 thousands & Timing should be set @ 0.076 for the 670.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Yes anywhere between those 2 thousands figures,I think I have mine set @ 35 though, timing needs to be set with a dial indicator on top of mag cylinder.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it dosent seem that REDDINGS FARM EQUIPMENT,and SKI-DOO dealer in CHARLOTTETOWN PEI knows how to rebuild a 94 670 Rotax!!!!! First i noticed the coolant out the bottom front of the motor they had pointing up between the exhaust (that fitting),the gap on the mag pickup was much greater (larger than .57 ) and now ,after looking closer i dont think the timming is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone tell me where the flywheel markings should be when the meg piston is at TDC? On mine they have it at 9oclock(at TDC on the meg cyl ,the flywheel marks are at 90 degree to the rear)???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
after taking a better look end on(on the meg end,at true TDC the mark on the flywheel is more between 8 & 9 oclock.is that still bad???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello again;my question is ,can you test the continuity on the stator? on the 3 prong plug of the stator,it has 1 male(out),& 2 female(in).if i test cont between the male ,and either of the 2 female i get nothing,if i test between the 2 females i get nothing.if i test between the 1 male,and the ground wire i get a reading,not the 2 females.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts