Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Yes, but its a PITA and their will be no noticable difference. So its not worth it, just screw the plug in and go.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Index mark the open side of the electode. You can buy shims at some speed shops. (High performance engineering) Then set the index to point towards the intaked side of cylinder.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It's always good practise to align the electrodes the same in both (3 or 4)clinders, you may not notice the difference but it can't be worse than not aligning them.

I'm told all good engine builders index plugs when testing engines- components, I guess it can't be all that bad, there's indexing spark plug washers of varing dimensions, my favourite way is to purchase several plugs and match sets.

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
brax4x4 said:
Index mark the open side of the electode. You can buy shims at some speed shops. (High performance engineering) Then set the index to point towards the intaked side of cylinder.
[snapback]704475[/snapback]​
That's what they do on 4 strokes but I've heard of no proof that 2 strokes benefit from pointing them to the intake side. In fact I've heard the opposite as some jetski racers point them to the exhaust side on their 2 strokes with supposedly good results. Personally I don't think it matters and you'll get a lot more benefit from running a better plug like the EYA's that sit deeper than the ECS plugs.

Cheers,

G MAN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts