Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2015 GSX SE 1200, I noticed noise last year when mid range throttle where it sounded like parts were rattling around in the drive train with moderate acceleration. The dealer did the year end thing and said all looked good. I heard the same thing this year with 1000 miles on it. And it comes and goes. I've seen a lot of talk about clutch noise and not sure that is what I am hearing or what everyone is referring to as nuisance clutch noise. Seems like it happens more when things get hot. Anyone else familiar with this particular noise?

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,268 Posts
loose heat shield on the exhaust ?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
My 2012 GSX SE had a rattling noise and drone. The rattling sounded like loose parts (came and went), upon inspection nothing was loose anywhere, clutch was fine too. I switch to PB80 and my sled is now quiet.

·
Stay to the right, in your lane and slow down.
1,526 Posts
Primary clutch noise possibly. Stock primary do make some noise.

With the 1200 and other 4S sleds, the engine(s) are much more quiet and you will hear more track, trail and other noises.

To be sure inspect the: exhaust connections and pipe bracket mount up in the front of the sled. I know sounds obvious but check your belt cover to make sure is in there and pinned correctly and nothing loose. Look at the skid and make sure nothing is loose like a wheel or something.

I would check chain and track tension as well.

Tahquamenon

·
Registered
564 Posts
Check the plastic caps on the front of your slide rails. On mine the screws had come loose and they started to rattle. One was able to just be retightened but the other was damaged and had to be replaced.

·
RPG
2022 Renegade X 900r Turbo
1,216 Posts
Seems to me there was some complaints about noisy or rattling brake caliper or brake rotor. Maybe do a search for the problem and the fix.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a rattle on mine that turned out being the aluminum clutch guard rattling. I put a piece of black duct tap on the hinged side between the alum pieces and under the release pin. No more rattle.

·
Registered
398 Posts
at speeds of 20-40 mph I hear a bit of rattle sounds like around the driven clutch,I think it may be the washer that goes between the helix and the belt height adjuster because once the driven is shifted that washer is just floating around and spinning very fast,just my opinion!

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet but if you apply the brake lightly while you are hearing the noise and it goes away, it's the dreaded brake chatter, not the clutch or clutch guard or anything else

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
I found my rattlingly was due to stuff bouncing around in my head. Not sure if there is a fix but snowmobiling actually helps quiet the rattle in the winter and motorcycles solve the problem in the summer.lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts