Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out the fuel pumps for my cousin's sled, its a formulaz body, a rotaz 670 motor, there are two fuel pumps, one that is smaller and square, and another that had a smaller section added on and v shaped, some posts on here use both, and some use one, we have tried the smaller, it won't start now, the v shaped it runs but won't move it bogs out, and there are 3 brass fittings on the back of the engine, two angled down and 1 straight, can't figure it out I know one is a crank pulse, any help
Also anyone have the service manual in PDF I could get from them?
I'll post pics when I'm in the shed again

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
never heard of a machine having two fuel pumps.

Do you mean you have two fuel pumps to choose from and only one installs at a time?

what size are the fuel line input/outputs on each pump? Typically a 670 needs the 5 or 6mm fuel lines. If the pumps do not have that, then they are to small.

As for the service manual, knowing year(s) of the machine's parts would be helpful.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never heard of a machine having two fuel pumps.

Do you mean you have two fuel pumps to choose from and only one installs at a time?

what size are the fuel line input/outputs on each pump? Typically a 670 needs the 5 or 6mm fuel lines. If the pumps do not have that, then they are to small.

As for the service manual, knowing year(s) of the machine's parts would be helpful.
Sorry about that, my guess is its a 95, and i dont know if theres supposed to be 1 or 22 installed, but the larger one, is the one below in the belly pan, and the smaller one is the other I have, i couldnt find anything but that in a google search, but found out it is from tonyvisone, on here

http://s821.photobucket.com/user/tonyvisone/media/IMG_6340_zps74bc019f.jpg.html

·
Registered
247 Posts
1994 Formula Z 583 used duel fuel pumps tied together to keep up with the amount of fuel it used.

s-l1600.jpg

3872B10.gif

·
Registered
247 Posts
they used the square 70/liter per hour pump on the 95/96/97 583/670 motors and switched to the pump you got a pic of when they switched to the S Chassis in 98.

1998 670 fuel pump

98670.jpg

95/96/97 583/670 fuel pump

wertysdf.jpeg

·
Registered
247 Posts
you need a pump that is 70liter per hour, they are available after market in that size. you should be able to tell what your pulse port is if you put your finger over it and pull the motor over.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, thanks, I'm just thinking now, there are two angled brass fittings, those would be for oil wouldn't they? He doesn't want the oil pump, I should block them off?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, hopefully will have it hooked up and working right gonna check the rotary valve I bet it's not setup right, and I probably hooked the from line to carbs , the PTO side is flooding and she dies

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Top picture is the pump we took out, the second is the pump that wont let the engine run, and the others are the engine in her, this base has 3 outlets, two angled down and one for pulse, the other engines base had ONE, the pulse...... that one had a snapped crank

had to resize the last pic, it was the best pic out of all i took....

Attachments

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
Ok so ur motor might be trash .the blocked big 5/8 line by your oil pump need to go to your oil tank than there is another one under the motor that must go to oil tank . Without those you will strip your rv gear but you may of already done that

Sent from my HTC One S

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok yah we are going to swap bases, and no one uses the oil pump here they are idiots, its easier than mixing gas heavy, this base has 2 down angled lines, the other nodda, but the heads trash, its a couple engines combined that were all trashed, good thing jugs are decent lol

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Not sure if I'm seeing that right, but the clear hose should not be used for the pulse line. It isn't stiff enough and will expand and contract, reducing the effectiveness of the pump. You need a hose that can withstand suction and pressure.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
he only had that piece of pipe, we are changing the base because it is a different base to the motor, the original motor base was for the sled, this one needs what some people call a air pump, we dont have one or a DMP system

1 - 19 of 19 Posts