Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold the 05 mach z,hoping the rumours of 180hp and 25 plus pounds lighter will be the ticket.Talked to a AC dealer owner tonight and he says AC has a 185hp F9 coming.Good god, a F9,my Z could barely pull an F7.Just might have to keep the 840 Gade for another season and see what plays out.I will give BRP one more crack at the mach and if it does not pan out that will be it for me in the 1000cc race,but I wont give up my 800 rev chassis for anything.I guess we will all know this week what the future holds.

·
Registered
302 Posts
wasy04 said:
Sold the 05 mach z,hoping the rumours of 180hp and 25 plus pounds lighter will be the ticket.Talked to a AC dealer owner tonight and he says AC has a 185hp F9 coming.Good god, a F9,my Z could barely pull an F7.Just might have to keep the 840 Gade for another season and see what plays out.I will give BRP one more crack at the mach and if it does not pan out that will be it for me in the 1000cc race,but I wont give up my 800 rev chassis for anything.I guess we will all know this week what the future holds.
[snapback]723585[/snapback]​
im sorry to hear that you could not get your z going good!! i have to admit it took a hell of an effort from me and my friends to get mine up to a respectful point ...i wanted to throw in the towel many times to, but hard work pays off!! also you bought a sled the first year out, of course there were to be some changes to be made thats just the way it goes...things only get better!!! and for the f7 thing...if your mach was just squeaking by, there was deffenitly somthing wrong with your machine...yes the f7 has good power to weight ratio but my best buddy has one, and i run with him all the time, even on my worst days of clutch testing was i "just squeaking by him"...it was a long shot, me way out front!!! and i hope AC comes out with a f9, havent had a problem with beeting a f8 or f10, i would love to add the f9 the the list....i did hear there was a lighter version of the z comming next year...im interested to see it... i herd the engine was smaller 1000 case with same hp, but not possitive....sounds to good to be true!! good luck with the new one!!!

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Well if I was in your position I would have to jump ship to a Yammi Nitro or Apex.
Nothing to do too it but ride it, kick butt and pass up gas stations.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mikadoo said:
Well if I was in your position I would have to jump ship to a Yammi Nitro or Apex.

[snapback]724122[/snapback]​
I dont think I would give up the rev ride.Tried an Apex,nice but for kind of riding I did not like the handling.As far as kicking butt???My Mach may not have been the fastest but it never bowed down to an Apex and the fuel milage was about equal. But I did do allot of tuning to get it to run alright,too much tuning.My dealer said,dont modify,if you want more power buy more cc's.I cant remember having to do so much tinkering to get it to run with my 800.There is no consistancy with these Machs.Were I ride if you race its usually no morethan 1500ft,my Mach would just start to wake up.I know alot guys on here are all about top end and have very impressive numbers but what did you have to do and how time and money was spent?Remember just buy more cc's......will it ever end???

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mikadoo said:

[snapback]724122[/snapback]​
This is exactly what I did.
I was sick and tired of wrenching to get anywhere with a BRP product. I miss the old Doo's!!!
What VERY little I sacrificed going blue has been ALL worth it. Gas and go. 6200 miles in 2 seasons on my 05 RX-1 and I have never enjoyed the sport more. I have done 3 things to this sled. Changed the oil, Changed the plugs, and put gas in it.
A little jetting, clutching and a K&N set up and this sled runs pretty darn good. Not to mention I can tape the throttle to the bars and NEVER even have to think about blowing up. Now that's a nice feeling...
BRP is going to have to work pretty hard to get some of us back. I personally will never go back to a 2 stroke again. I don't care what the HP claims are. All it tells me is the motor is just that much more tightly wound. No thanks. The older I get the more I come to realize it just is not worth it for what...5-10 MPH on top end? BRP can have their claims to the king of the lake. It only holds true to a select number of decent running Machs and MOST people ride more than just lakes.
Plus IF cat come back with the big boy...the Mach WILL have some serious competition. Not to mention we all know how the Yami turbos run...
I guess for me...it's just not that important anymore. I would rather see BRP focus on quality and reliability.
How about a gas gauge that works for starters...

·
Registered
823 Posts
freakshow12 said:
I really cant see AC coming out with anythig as they have enough trouble getting current 2 strokes to 09 epa compliance.
[snapback]724268[/snapback]​
Well they are, 800cc amd a bigger bro. EPA should not be to hard. If doo got a carbed sled to pass Cat should beable to add a knock senser and make teres pass, But I hear it will be DI so should be no prob.

·
Registered
127 Posts
1000MACHZ said:
wasy04 said:
[snapback]723585[/snapback]​
im sorry to hear that you could not get your z going good!! i have to admit it took a hell of an effort from me and my friends to get mine up to a respectful point ...i wanted to throw in the towel many times to, but hard work pays off!! also you bought a sled the first year out, of course there were to be some changes to be made thats just the way it goes...things only get better!!! and for the f7 thing...if your mach was just squeaking by, there was deffenitly somthing wrong with your machine...yes the f7 has good power to weight ratio but my best buddy has one, and i run with him all the time, even on my worst days of clutch testing was i "just squeaking by him"...it was a long shot, me way out front!!! and i hope AC comes out with a f9, havent had a problem with beeting a f8 or f10, i would love to add the f9 the the list....i did hear there was a lighter version of the z comming next year...im interested to see it... i herd the engine was smaller 1000 case with same hp, but not possitive....sounds to good to be true!! good luck with the new one!!!

[snapback]723649[/snapback]​
no such thing as a f10, and there will be no f9

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
First and foremost I have to say the Mach is a very good sled and yes there are some problems with them but what sled does not have them, they all do.

As for a F7 not standing a chance with a Mach you are so sadly wrong. Give a F7 the proper tuning and perhaps a couple of low dollar mods and it will run with a Mach and may even top end one. That is a fact. Now an F9, well, the Mach stock stands no chance at all.

Nothing new coming from the Doo camp this year I am told. Cat will come out with yet a bigger more HP sled. Is it a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke we are waiting but I am assured there is something much bigger in power and much lighter which could sway me back to Cat. A big lightweight 180 HP trail sled is the winner.

I have riden a Apex and it is a very nice sled. I love its sound and finish but my bud who rode it longer says while it feels lighter in the trails that will catch up to you in time. This all comes back to my biggest complaint of the Mach which is its weight and the Apex is no different there. After a long day of riding weight wears on you.

If you owned a Mach you bought it to be king of the lake and for top end speed something you will never get with an APex unless you invest lots of money and take your chances on a turbo and SC. I think it is comical to read about some of those who sold there Mach to buy an APex. As soon as they get there "edit for bad language" handed to them enough times than the mods begin and even worse noe as your warranty is gone and no recalls or breaks downs coverd it comes out of your own pocket now. And if you think turbos or Super Chargers are the answer talk to someone who actually has one that actually puts many trail miles on it and then see. If you dont ride lots of trail miles and all you want is to sit on a lake and race everythign that comes your way than the SC or turbo mayb e what youa re looking for or for that matter any mod will do.

To me my this years Mach is as fast as last years and is definetly quicker than last years. Have not had perfect conditions to get a real evaluation for top end final numbers but no way 05 better I have beat every one I have raced period. Time will tell what to ride next year and if a second year warranty came out from Doo that makes my decision.

Spike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.