Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love my 2012 1200 Renegade but on long days/rough trails sometimes wish the seat was a little softer. Having said that, I'm 250# and the seat on my 600Poo is WAY to soft, so firmer is much better.

My 2012 has the older style seat with the "pointy" flip up storage. The newer seats are shorter and appear to have more padding. Is this the case, and if so are they softer and is it worth changing out my stock seat for the newer version? Any other options?

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are six feet or over I would not recommend the 2014 non x seat. I find I sit back too far and end up sitting against the storage compartment in the back of the seat where there is only about an inch of foam over the hard plastic storage compartment. Lots of nice soft seat in front of me, but does me no good there. Wish I could move my seat back about three inches and all would be good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is that any different lengthwise than the pre-2013 seat Meagan? I'm 6-2" and a bit more length would be good too. Sounds like the X seat might be longer - yes/no?

edit: although I don't like the aesthetics, the "2-up" seat is a good fit for me in terms of comfort and room to sit back......

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
I went from a 09 Adrenaline to a 2012 X and the newer X seats are taller & softer. They're noticeably more comfortable. Did the 2012 1200 Xs get the same seat? Did they get the RM that year to?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
No R-Motion was on the 13's as far as I can remember. I have ridden the 2012 X and although the seat is softer I don't like it as it seems shorter and nothing to hold you in place when sitting. I have switched back and forth and I still prefer my Adrenaline seat. I am over 6' tall and ride with my feet fully out in front of me so I like to be sitting near the back of the sled when cruising.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
the 12 X shorty had rm, all of the 13 mxz and rene had rm except the 550f i think.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Thanx Sea Sled, my buddy's X was a Gade and so SC5 the same as mine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't think the x seat is any longer, maybe a little more foam here or there. I plan on cutting out some plastic from the storage compartment and filling the hole with high density foam, just need to find some foam first. I actually prefer the seat that the earlier models like the 09 and 10's had. Not sure what year they changed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts