Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just out riding my 99 zx 440 and the lights started flickering and then turned out and then they came back on and just kept flickering and turning off and my speedo and rpm would die and come back on and they were going crazy and when i let it idle the light dims right out to a lil glow but i'm still getting spark the engine still runs fine when it flickers and it doesn't matter if i hit a bump or not, it was doing it on straight aways and the bumps! yesterday i replaced teh speedo cable and i maybe have loosened something or there is there a voltage regulater or soemthing on the sled! someone wanna help me out on this 1??? thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
My light is dim when it idles.Actually very low.Sounds like you have a short or your light switch is screwed.Use your meter on Dc volts and check the input to the light while running.When it flickers check and see if ground is o.k to light.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
corby7 said:
My light is dim when it idles.Actually very low.Sounds like you have a short or your light switch is screwed.Use your meter on Dc volts and check the input to the light while running.When it flickers check and see if ground is o.k to light.
[snapback]711031[/snapback]​
ya before mine dims a bit but it was diming sooo much it looked liek the light was out when u sit on the sled and it was going right out when i was riding and flicking off and on and hte rpm and speedo were going nuts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured it out! i go to open up my hood and it wouldn't open cause the wires were melted to the hood! easy fix!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts