Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get ready for more enforcement and regulations. This is the second time in two weeks this has happened on this Munising area XC trail. Here is a quote from the Valley Spur Trail System page on FB.

"They went into Valley Spur Trail System - Hiawatha National Forest last Saturday night and destroyed a bunch of XC ski trails. It's getting out of hand. Not enough enforcement."

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I don't blame the XC skiers for having their danders up. I feel their pain. Short of posting round the clock 7 day a week armed guards at every access point there's not much that can be added enforcement wise. I wouldn't look for any new regulations due to this issue either. They are already in place. I do like the idea of some well placed trail cams, if they are good enough resolution to pick up registration numbers then the owner of the machine could be tracked down. Bottom line its hard to catch those responsible.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I once saw some freshly groomed trails and it didn't seem right that they haven't been ridden on. We pulled into this establishment to get a bite and all these nice smooth trails were behind it. Turns out, it was a x country ski club. I had no idea they even existed and they groomed their own trails. Man was I glad that I didn't go for it.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Between Michigan and New York, there have been more complaints of selfish people than I can recall. It is a shame that we have so many more selfish, ignorant, arrogant and uneducated people in this sport. It is giving us all a bad name and we are going to keep losing trails and the privilege to ride.

I keep saying it.... we all need to start policing our own sport..... or we will all suffer the results.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
most kids don't have parents anymore single parent family's in most households blame Divorce
And who is to blame for divorce......no matter which way you skin it ....all fingers point back to parenting skills....or lack there of. It is parents not teaching their children the value of how sacred marriage is......like I said....piss poor parenting...

Reactions: SkiDog74 and Z7*

·
Registered
932 Posts
We had some yahoos around here tear up some trails that had no base yet about a month back .

Farmer spread manure all down the trail after dark :righton
So the farmer dumped poop on the XC trails? bet that didn't go over well with the XC skiers

·
Registered
635 Posts
Lots of ski hills/resorts also run/maintain XC trails.
I worked at a small hill for years, they had great trails and were close to the snowmobile trail. I think the owners would have been happy to have the business from snowmobilers coming into the chalet for a bite to eat and what not but there were just too many incidents with sleders on the xc trails - liability was too great and they had to "ban" sleds from even coming to the lodge.
Unfortunate some of the local sledders think the hill is the bad guy in this case, I know first hand that couldn't be further from the truth.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts