Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
nucci6753 said:
I am planning a snowmobile trip from Christmas Mi to Hurley Wi how many miles is it by trail?
[snapback]698270[/snapback]​
Might be a hard question to answer.
I dont know if this will help at all, but I did a trip a few years ago from Cable WI to Copper harber MI, and back. It ended up being 622 miles by trail. WE stayed in Houghton Mi in between.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Thats crossing the whole darn UP!
Do a mapquest and get an idea of how far by road, and then figure to add a bunch of miles to that!

·
Registered
443 Posts
this year we did a back pack trip and we stayed on Lake Gogibic in Bergland. we rode from Bergland to munising one day it was about 250mls.I would add another 40 to 50mls to get down to Hurley. get on trail#8 out of Christmas and go straight west the whole way about 240mls and if you would like to stop for dinner in Bergland go to the Root Celler on Lake Gogibic rated #1 trail stop for many years it has a salad bar ,steaks,ribs ect. then south from there to Hurley and when you get to Hurley make sure you have a room because there are 6 Titty bars on main street that serve
and you should not ride after 3:00am in that town after you have been drinking, and only give one striper a ride at a time

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Deadman said:
Thats crossing the whole darn UP!
Do a mapquest and get an idea of how far by road, and then figure to add a bunch of miles to that!
[snapback]698349[/snapback]​
Well, not sure if you are challenging my post or not, but On mapquest is said it was 233 miles by road. That would make it a 466 miles round trip. I am telling you the route we took was 622 miles. I remember this vividly, because it was the longest trip I have made to date. It was a little test, because someday, I want to make the trip a few friends of mine made. This trip made all of the local papers. They started in Lake city Mn and went to copper harbor MI and back. Not sure on the mileage, but Lake City is in Se Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Years ago we rode from Hurley, Wis. to Newberry, Mich.

It was pretty much the whole U.P......if I remember right it was well over 400 miles....with a lot of railway line included.
Something like 600km's.

I'll take a look at the old map to 2X check.

Mattie

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
That sounds like WORK.
The fun seems to end for us around the 200 mile mark or a little more if the trails are smooth.
I'd rather kick back in a Tavern later on.

Thats a long-azz trip by car muchless by sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.