Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know where a good snowmobile repair school is?? im really interested at doing this as a career, and then law enforcement, but does any body know where one would be, near minnesota, or ontario or manitoba????

·
Registered
105 Posts
Try MMI, I think they mite have sleds.

·
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it Snow
1,015 Posts
Your best bet is to get your motorcycle repair degree and then move into sleds. Most likely you will need to work on both to make ends meet. There is a big school in Pheonix and somewhere in Florida that specializes in motorcycle repair and has programs for all the popular brands. The information you gain there will more then qualify you for sled repair. They are an acredited program also so your degree will count for something when your done. Jay

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polardoo said:
Your best bet is to get your motorcycle repair degree and then move into sleds. Most likely you will need to work on both to make ends meet. There is a big school in Pheonix and somewhere in Florida that specializes in motorcycle repair and has programs for all the popular brands. The information you gain there will more then qualify you for sled repair. They are an acredited program also so your degree will count for something when your done. Jay
[snapback]752101[/snapback]​
well i was thinking of just a degree or whatever in Small Engines, that would cover everything wouldn't it?? lots of money to be made in that?????

·
Registered
586 Posts
Slednecker, my nephew went to motorcycle, watercraft, ect school near Orlando, Fla. He worked in a motorcycle repair shop in NY for a couple of years. Then moved to Lake Tahoe. He works on snowcats and snowmobiles. In the summer he'll also work part time on motorcycles, ATVs and watercraft.

Good luck

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
slednecker1 said:
does anybody know where a good snowmobile repair school is?? im really interested at doing this as a career, and then law enforcement, but does any body know where one would be, near minnesota, or ontario or manitoba????
[snapback]751343[/snapback]​
If you enjoy snowmobiling then go into law enforcement.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ih302 said:
slednecker1 said:
[snapback]751343[/snapback]​
If you enjoy snowmobiling then go into law enforcement.
[snapback]767003[/snapback]​
now why is that??? and i got insider tips, of waiting till about 25 or so, to apply, they want guys with experience so i need sumthin to do until then. but y do u want me to go straight 2 law enforcement, if i enjoy snowmobiling???

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Because if you work on sleds all day you might not want to see one afterwards and ya can't ride one without lookin at it. In my case I spend my days fixing and using computers, I hate the darn things, sledding is my escape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts