Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard of or seen where I could get ramps to ride my sled into the back of my truck and be able to back it down too? Or could I just modify a set of folding ramps I use for an ATV, and find somthing for the track. Just curios, I saw a guy do it in the new slednecks video. Don't really have a place to store a trailer with all my other junk in my yard.

·
Registered
478 Posts
myputtputt said:
Has anybody heard of or seen where I could get ramps to ride my sled into the back of my truck and be able to back it down too? Or could I just modify a set of folding ramps I use for an ATV, and find somthing for the track. Just curios, I saw a guy do it in the new slednecks video. Don't really have a place to store a trailer with all my other junk in my yard.
[snapback]310749[/snapback]​
I built a set of ramps for my truck and sled. I used 2X10 lumber, one 10ft piece for the track and two 8ft lengths for the skis. I bought a set of extruded aluminum ramp ends that hold 700 lbs a piece. I will get some pictures of how I installed everything, along with how I tied the ramps to the truck. Ramps work perfectly!

·
Registered
513 Posts
myputtputt said:
[snapback]310749[/snapback]​
Here you go

Sled Ramp

I was told that this was like $600.00 bucks. RevManII uses one of these.

REVBob

·
Registered
478 Posts
I back the machine off the truck with the ramps. It's extremly important to tie the ramps to the truck, I did it with a strap tied to the trucks bumper and hook on each board. Otherwise, the ramps will kick back from the tailgate. I'll try to get the pics asap.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You can buy Fulton tri folding ramps from Kimpex or Royal Distributing.

Be careful to buy the 7 ft ramps as they are 50" wide. The 6ft ramps are only 45" wide.

I highly recommend the fulton ones, as you can cut 1/4" plywood to fit in the channel built into the ramps. Then you can put guides etc.

The ramps come with chains that will hook into the tailgate. I would also recommend using a tie down strap from the ramps to the trailer hitch, just to make sure the ramps don't go anywhere.

Kimpex Catalog Page

I have a set. They are well built, and I use them for my sled, quad, dirtbike, etc. Makes your pickup much easier to work with.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
rennym said:
You can buy Fulton tri folding ramps from Kimpex or Royal Distributing.

Be careful to buy the 7 ft ramps as they are 50" wide. The 6ft ramps are only 45" wide.

I highly recommend the fulton ones, as you can cut 1/4" plywood to fit in the channel built into the ramps. Then you can put guides etc.

The ramps come with chains that will hook into the tailgate. I would also recommend using a tie down strap from the ramps to the trailer hitch, just to make sure the ramps don't go anywhere.

Kimpex Catalog Page

I have a set. They are well built, and I use them for my sled, quad, dirtbike, etc. Makes your pickup much easier to work with.
[snapback]310869[/snapback]​
..the Fulton tri fold units are excellent....they were on sale at Canadian Tire
last week for $175 ......you could not build an aluminum folding ramp for this price
....rob

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do a search for wood snowmobile ramps. There was a site that had some. i used it. Basically you just cut a piece of plywood in have and screw it to some 2X4's. Add some cleats for traction and your good to go. There are plans on how to make that fancy ramp for $600 out of plywood. Mine work great for loading but i put the wrong size aluminum ramp ends so they wobble a bit when you back off. You have to be careful not to get the ski under the ramp. It would work great if i put the right size ramp end on it. I ususally unload onto a snow bank. I'm lucky if i've got $40 of lumber and an hour of time into it. That said i'm looking into a single place trailer. Truck works fine when there is snow but you get too much rototiller action if the snow is up north only.

·
East Coast Tony Administrator
61,281 Posts
Yeah if you're only transporting one sled it's way easier.

I covet it with the new Doo cover and it's all clean except for the snowflap. This year I used one of those hand held stretch wrap plastic rolls and wrapped up the rear cooler cover and snowflap. Just cut it off at my destination and all was great.

·
Super Moderator
10,198 Posts
RevArc ramp- best thing I've bought for snowmobiling besides the sled itself. The only negative I've found is that because my truck bed sits a bit high, my sled will want to munch a snowflap as I'm backing it down, if I'm not careful. Still way easier than a trailer when I'm just hauling one sled.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have the folding ATV ramp and I find the carbides get stuck in it. So I'm going to find an old plastic box liner and use it as ski guides and place some plywood in the center with an old safari track. I have an F350 super duty and I know what you mean when you say its to high for normal ramps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.