Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a cover for a 2008 XP - with a high windshield. I had one from my 03 Rev that worked for the most part but it when with Rev when i sold it. Where are the best deals - new or used. Didn't have much luck on the classifieds here.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Hey Chris so you sold the rev? Good to hear! Hope you got a decent dollar for it.
As for the cover I bought the skidoo intense cover for my spring check. Dealer gave me good price since I bought with the spring check but I've seen them go on sale at the Syracuse show in October for good prices, and also the occasional eBay sale from a doo dealer too. Are you looking to trailer with it, store outside, or just garage cover??

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Not to sound like i am bragging but i found 1 on craigslist. Its the "Intense cover" i believe. The guy bought it at his dealer for his '09 GTX, and just used it to trailer the sled home, maybe 20 miles or so. Then decided to buy an enclosed trailer. Its like brand new. $125.00. It took me 2.5 seconds to say, "YES I WILL BUY IT". All i will use it for is when we go up north every year, and leave the sled outside over night, as i have an enclosed to store my sled in. But they are out there, just keep looking.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Chris so you sold the rev? Good to hear! Hope you got a decent dollar for it.
As for the cover I bought the skidoo intense cover for my spring check. Dealer gave me good price since I bought with the spring check but I've seen them go on sale at the Syracuse show in October for good prices, and also the occasional eBay sale from a doo dealer too. Are you looking to trailer with it, store outside, or just garage cover??
\\

hey Pete - i/m looking more for a garage cover. my kids keep leaning stuff up against it. my rev cover worked great

·
Registered
37 Posts
Chris
I have a BRP cover for an 08 XP Adrenaline that I would sell. It was my back up cover that had 1 of the snap buckles break off. I ended up getting a new cover. It is in greayt shape except for the buckle that could probably be replaced. I would take $50 bucks for it plus shipping if you're interested.

Jeff
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The new covers for these XP's are crap I bought 2 of them last year 1 for me and 1 for a friend of mine and the stitching on both of them came apart(they did not rip) within 50 miles of each other on the same first trip!(they were attached like they should be and they were tight) Another guy we ride with also bought a new one this year and his also came apart in the same place on the cover (where the mirrors would go)!
They have cheapened these covers so much that you can't use them on a trailer. They also are to universal if you don't have mirrors you shouldn't have to buy one made for mirrors. All of the covers came apart where the loose part is where the mirrors would go. If the covers were tight there they would not have flapped and would not have come apart.
The quality is just not there any more!
Sorry, I am done venting now!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris
I have a BRP cover for an 08 XP Adrenaline that I would sell. It was my back up cover that had 1 of the snap buckles break off. I ended up getting a new cover. It is in greayt shape except for the buckle that could probably be replaced. I would take $50 bucks for it plus shipping if you're interested.

Jeff
[email protected]
Hey Jeff - will the cover work for the higher windshield? if so i'll take it. Please let me know thanks

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new covers for these XP's are crap I bought 2 of them last year 1 for me and 1 for a friend of mine and the stitching on both of them came apart(they did not rip) within 50 miles of each other on the same first trip!(they were attached like they should be and they were tight) Another guy we ride with also bought a new one this year and his also came apart in the same place on the cover (where the mirrors would go)!
They have cheapened these covers so much that you can't use them on a trailer. They also are to universal if you don't have mirrors you shouldn't have to buy one made for mirrors. All of the covers came apart where the loose part is where the mirrors would go. If the covers were tight there they would not have flapped and would not have come apart.
My REV cover actually fit on in pretty good but when i sold that sled it went with the sled. Maybe i should look at a REV cover instead. It fits but a little loose.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The three of us took our covers to an upholstery shop and had them restitched and reinforced around where the mirrors are supposed to go!
This Summer I got a red-hot deal on a new cover that goes over the skis( the cover I actually wanted when I bought the first one but did not want to pay that much for it) and the first thing I did was take it in and have the stitching reinforced in the same area. (just in case) So now I have an extra cover I will probably be selling one of these days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
do you still have the cover forsale? i have a 2004 Skidoo Summit 600 144" is it a full body cover meaning covering the skis? Thanks...

Jeff
[email protected]
[/quote]

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a 2004 Skidoo Summit 600 144" do you still have this cover and is it still forsale and do you know if it will fit my sled. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i bought 6THSAK's cover

1 - 18 of 18 Posts