Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got stuck yesterday and while backing out, I sucked the snow flap under and chewed it up. A while ago I recall seeing a home made restraint with 2 belts that looked easy to make and effective. I can't find that post now. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
507 Posts
tzimmy said:
Got stuck yesterday and while backing out, I sucked the snow flap under and chewed it up. A while ago I recall seeing a home made restraint with 2 belts that looked easy to make and effective. I can't find that post now. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
[snapback]280902[/snapback]​
I was riding this wkd with a group and a friend has a homemade setup on his f-7
he used a nylon strap maybe one inch wide and wrapped it around the lift handle and added a rivet thru the strap to hold (not in the lift handle only the strap) and then added one thru the strap and flap after pulling the flap out a little it seem to wrk well for backing up normal but if you are in deep snow it will still fold or rip the rivet out

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Here ya go!

1 1/4'' strap.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I've discovered that standing beside my sled while it backs up pretty much takes care of this problem. Either that or you need to stand up and keep your weight to the front of the sled. You need to be on flat hard pack to be able to sit down and back up easily.

Either that or cut that flap a little bit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ON 04 or newer revs on bottom of flap where seam is heat with a heat gun & bend outward, so bottom doesnt tuck in (toward track) but outward (away from track) seems to help out alot.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Cut the bottom piece off. Backs up a lot better.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
BMREV01 said:
tzimmy said:

Thanks,
[snapback]280902[/snapback]​
I was riding this wkd with a group and a friend has a homemade setup on his f-7
he used a nylon strap maybe one inch wide and wrapped it around the lift handle and added a rivet thru the strap to hold (not in the lift handle only the strap) and then added one thru the strap and flap after pulling the flap out a little it seem to wrk well for backing up normal but if you are in deep snow it will still fold or rip the rivet out
[snapback]280929[/snapback]​
F7's had this strap on them right from the Factory. They thought of little things like that, but forgot about 14 other things to recall!

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
REV-I-DOO said:
Here ya go!

1 1/4'' strap.

[snapback]280935[/snapback]​
Sweet. Like the Skull. Is that a pic backing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts