Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last winter when I went I was talking to a friend who's son was racing he said most of the sled racing was on Sat' (winner on Sat' got the Kawartha Cup) w/ the SXS racing on Sun'. I'm wondering if they know there is more interest in the sleds than SXSs (w/ the resulting lower attendance on Sun'), they are trying to get most of their revenue from Sat'?

Whatever it is, I don't think it's a sustainable business model.

· Registered
242 Posts
Last winter when I went I was talking to a friend who's son was racing he said most of the sled racing was on Sat' (winner on Sat' got the Kawartha Cup) w/ the SXS racing on Sun'. I'm wondering if they know there is more interest in the sleds than SXSs (w/ the resulting lower attendance on Sun'), they are trying to get most of their revenue from Sat'?

Whatever it is, I don't think it's a sustainable business model.

I agree 💯 percent. That combined with a late start to season….I’d much rather be riding my own then giving out that kinda money to watch someone ride.

· Registered
63 Posts
I took my wife to the Lindsay races last year. It was cold🥶. I dont remember paying that much. I guess this year we will have to pass. Hopefully they realize that their pricing is too high and bring it down where it is reasonable to go again.

· Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took my wife to the Lindsay races last year. It was cold🥶. I dont remember paying that much. I guess this year we will have to pass. Hopefully they realize that their pricing is too high and bring it down where it is reasonable to go again.
Yes it was cold. I've seen that the oval races over the years too. I think in '92 in Coniston the temp never got above 0* F

Exactly!

Plus w/ the fresh snow, a lot of their possible audience will go riding instead.

· Registered
63 Posts
Yes it was cold. I've seen that the oval races over the years too. I think in '92 in Coniston the temp never got above 0* F

Exactly!

Plus w/ the fresh snow, a lot of their possible audience will go riding instead.
I remember as a kid my dad took me to the oval races in Peterborough. It was cold but I remember the smell of the race gas and the sound of the sleds ripping around the oval. Great times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I remember as a kid my dad took me to the oval races in Peterborough. It was cold but I remember the smell of the race gas and the sound of the sleds ripping around the oval. Great times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just about froze a toe in 81, my first time there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts