Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Smoking meat

12K views 136 replies 29 participants last post by  Snocheck 
#1 ·
I started thinking about this tonight and wanted to get some suggestions and techniques. Maybe even some recipes if you have them. I bought a charcoal smoker many years ago but could never commit to the time involved. Life always got in the way. Gave it away.

Then a few years ago I bought an electric smoker. Didn't need as much attention as it had a digital pad to set temp, time whatever you want. Also had Bluetooth so I could set it and forget it and go about my weekend honey Doo list. Could keep tract of it on my phone. Worked well but burned up the small woodchip box quickly and it needed refilling often.

Now I'm retired and bought a propane smoker. Unfortunately I haven't smoked anything all year. Am going to fire it up and see if I like it.

My question is for any of you that smoke meat, what is your preferred smoker type? Any tips for the type you use. Your favorite cuts. Favorite rubs. Recipe times and temps. Pretty much any and everything. The few times I used the electric smoker, things turned out good, but not WOW, if that makes sense.

Reactions: suvy800
#86 ·
How long, what temp, what type smoker, what was in the concoction you poured over it?
Looks like it turned out good...👍👍👍🍻🍻🍻

#87 ·
How long, what temp, what type smoker, what was in the concoction you poured over it?
Looks like it turned out good...[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]
Bradley smoker. Used cherry wood. Marinade was rosemary thyme. Basil. Too much garlic. Lime juice Lemmon juice . Full rind zest of limes. Olive oil. Thick grained mustard honey mustard. Wircheatershire sauce. Salt pepper. Cook time 3 hours full smoke at around 225. Pulled when internal temp was 141. Let stand. When at party 250 oven 45 min. Was very good. I was happy how many people talked about it. My first one.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

#88 ·

Eat your heart out boys! It’s my son’s birthday and every year since he was 15 I make him a behemoth! Yes this is an 9 year tradition and still going! What is a behemoth you might ask? Pretty simple……..1.5 lbs of 90/10 burger, 1.5 lbs of pork burger. Lay it out flat on cookie tray make 1/2 inch thick paddy. Ontop of the huge paddy add a box of half cooked Mac and cheese, With the cheese etc mixed in. Add 1/4 block of valvetta cubed, huge crown of broccoli, minced onion and 3 jalapeño peppers split in half and filled with cream cheese topped with 2 cups of high temp pepperjack cheese. Next roll the entire stuffed paddy into a log and pinch the ends. Weave 2 lbs of bacon on another tray Ontop of parchment paper. Place the log on one end of tray and roll the log over the woven bacon. wrap the ends and dry rub everything. Smother with BBQ. NEXT……..add 3 onion rings and pineapple rings for pure sugar bark. Place on smoker (kamado joe) at 300 for 3 hours. At 3 hours in, jack the smoker up to 400 add new “homemade“ BBQ sauce with lots of pineapple juice and brown sugar. Add 3 new rings of pineapple and slice some strawberries and place ontop with a bunch of sesame seeds. Cook for 30 more minutes. Walla……a behemoth! Better known as a bacon wrapped stuffed meatloaf!

Attachments

#89 ·
Sounds delicious!

Today is our anniversary (36 years!) we went to a new BBQ/Smoke place locally - it was EXCELLENT.

Food Tableware Table Ingredient Cuisine

#98 ·
Well, here it is, nearing the end of summer and I haven't fired up either of my smokers. Not only that, this has been delivered today....

I think I have a problem 😂😂🤣😂
Gas Cooking Plant Metal Machine
Gas Font Publication Poster Drink

#102 ·
#112 ·
We did a brisket over the weekend - it was hands down the best one we've ever done. You literally could cut it with a fork.

Why so good this time? Last year my kids got me a Meater for Fathers Day - this was the first time I got around to trying it. It was pretty sweet!

With the size of this one I would have gone 6 hours, the Meater said pull it at 5-1/2 hours. It was right.

#116 ·
I picked up a weber deluxe charcoal kettle grill off offer up.
Tomorrow there will be a slab of ribs on it and two slabs on the pit boss pellet....

What could possibly go wrong?
I have plenty of beer.........

#117 ·
Ribs on...

#119 ·
Both grills rolling along nicely...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.