Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Smoking meat

12K views 136 replies 29 participants last post by  Snocheck 
I have a Traeger Ironwood 665 pellet smoker. I don't have the patience for charcoal or stick fired, I want to set it and go do something else. If you're looking for something easy with great results I would suggest the 3-2-1 ribs. They always come out great and it's super easy. https://www.traeger.com/recipes/3-2-1-baby-back-ribs

Two tips:

1. Make sure you peel the silver skin off backside of the ribs. A butter knife and paper towel make this pretty easy.

2. Quality of meat matters. Go to a butcher, pay the money, and buy good meat if you really want great results.

Food Ingredient Home appliance Recipe Cuisine

I've looked at those. Set n forget would work for me too. Don't know anyone with one to get a hands on verification on how well they work. Seems simple enough.
They really work well. My favorite is to do overnight briskets. I put it on at 180F at 9pm and go to bed, in the morning I wrap it and let it go until it's done. The BBQ has a meat thermometer built into it's wifi interface. When the meat is XXX temp, it alerts you on your phone. If you're away from the house, you can change the temp settings from the Traeger phone app.

I also use the Meat Church products and just follow the directions. Watch this one on the "weekday overnight brisket".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.