Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Smoking meat

12K views 136 replies 29 participants last post by  Snocheck 
I’ve owned a kamado joe and green egg for almost 10 years. (One large and other portable) We smoke or use it 3-4 times a week. You name it we’ve smoked it. I’ve taken the potable joe on snowmobile trips even. Nothing like putting a 1/2 brisket on the joe riding all day and having the best meal at the trailer when we get back. Put grill grates on them and sear a steak at 650 degrees in 4 minutes with perfect grill marks. Cook the Best smoked pizza in 4 minutes with the pizza porta at 600 degrees. Bacon wrapped meatloaf is a snap in 4 hours. It’s a smoker, oven and grill.

Well you don’t only cook red meat but birds are awesome too on the joe or egg. Happy thanksgiving! Best darn bird you’ll ever have. just as moist if injected and slowly smoked as oil friers! That’s 185 -200 for 8 hours! Before (dry rubbed and injected) and at 163! One hour to go! The stall is about finished. By the way this is my 6th night in a row smoking. Kamados are expensive but if you use the often and right they cost nothing accept $10.00 a week. We did stuffed crust smoke chicken pizza last night topped with a bacon woven bread sticks.

Attachments

For $1099 go by a kamado joe and it has a lifetime warranty and will never rust or burn out. I had the interior Firestone crack last year for the first time and they replaced the fire brick and it’s 10 years old. Sent them a picture and a picture of the serial number stamped in outer shell and the sent me the new Firestone 3 days later. No joke both green egg and kamado joe lifetime on large ones. Kamado joe is same price as your $1099 smoker if bought at ace with discount.

Temp is temp. 160 is 160 no mater how long it takes. Try reverse searing. jack the grill or Kamado up to 600-700 degrees. Place the steak on the grill grates for 30 seconds rotate 45 degrees for 30 more seconds. Then flip for 30 seconds and rotate again for 30 seconds. (Great sear burn marks and black char) Wrap them in aluminum foil while the grill shuts off. Then smoke for 1 hour at 225-250 and you will have the juiciest just past rare cook. You can do this with a roast or pork loin too. Accept roll it across and back for 2 minutes. Blacken that outside, inject again and smoke for 1.5 hours for loin or 2.5 hours for a good roast

Eat your heart out boys! It’s my son’s birthday and every year since he was 15 I make him a behemoth! Yes this is an 9 year tradition and still going! What is a behemoth you might ask? Pretty simple……..1.5 lbs of 90/10 burger, 1.5 lbs of pork burger. Lay it out flat on cookie tray make 1/2 inch thick paddy. Ontop of the huge paddy add a box of half cooked Mac and cheese, With the cheese etc mixed in. Add 1/4 block of valvetta cubed, huge crown of broccoli, minced onion and 3 jalapeño peppers split in half and filled with cream cheese topped with 2 cups of high temp pepperjack cheese. Next roll the entire stuffed paddy into a log and pinch the ends. Weave 2 lbs of bacon on another tray Ontop of parchment paper. Place the log on one end of tray and roll the log over the woven bacon. wrap the ends and dry rub everything. Smother with BBQ. NEXT……..add 3 onion rings and pineapple rings for pure sugar bark. Place on smoker (kamado joe) at 300 for 3 hours. At 3 hours in, jack the smoker up to 400 add new “homemade“ BBQ sauce with lots of pineapple juice and brown sugar. Add 3 new rings of pineapple and slice some strawberries and place ontop with a bunch of sesame seeds. Cook for 30 more minutes. Walla……a behemoth! Better known as a bacon wrapped stuffed meatloaf!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.