Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys and gals,
It's been a great ride, but at of the end of Sept, Smittys Speed Works will be no more.
The Economy has taken it's toll on our family, so in trying to save what we have left, we are selling all the shop toys!!
I have met some fantastic people over the years, and built up some fine relationships as well.
I want to personally thank everyone for their support over the years, but ya gotta doo whatcha gotta do!!
Things are not as bleak as they could be, will still be riding, kids wanna ride as do I, so I'll still be hangin here, just need to re-group and look forward.
Smitty

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Todd, you have been a super machinist and done all of us great favors. Your prices were always right..and you shipped super quickly. I know I can speak for most, we are going to hate to see you out of the machining business making snowmobile parts and helping us all out.

I am glad you are going to be able to keep riding while you regroup...and hang out here with us!!! If we can help out by ordering a lot of axles to use up material you have on hand yet this month, lets us know!

Thank you for your services Smitty, much appreciated!

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Smitty,
Ii's a shame things didn't work out, you are definitely an awesome machinist and your prices were more than fair. I'm happy to hear you'll be able to keep riding with the kids. Enjoy the children while they are around, they grow up quick. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Smitty,
Ii's a shame things didn't work out, you are definitely an awesome machinist and your prices were more than fair. Unfortunately, a few guys around here were forced to do the same. I'm happy to hear you'll be able to keep riding with the kids. Enjoy the children while they are around, they grow up quick. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Well guys and gals,
It's been a great ride, but at of the end of Sept, Smittys Speed Works will be no more.
The Economy has taken it's toll on our family, so in trying to save what we have left, we are selling all the shop toys!!
I have met some fantastic people over the years, and built up some fine relationships as well.
I want to personally thank everyone for their support over the years, but ya gotta doo whatcha gotta do!!
Things are not as bleak as they could be, will still be riding, kids wanna ride as do I, so I'll still be hangin here, just need to re-group and look forward.
Smitty
I have a motorcycle part I need C&C made. Are you interested in producing these, Like to keep a fellow rider in the loop and send business your way if interested.PM in you'd like to discuss further

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Come ride Alaska with us.

Mark

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to hear man! Are you still working for Ford?
Good luck in the future.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Thanks, and the best to you and your family in the future......it's been a pleasure doing business with you!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sorry to hear about that you are a great supplier to work with!
P

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks Mr. Smith for making a big impact in the sledding community. whether or not you realize, you have made a lot of people happy with your skills & services as well as made quite the name for yourself. We'll be waiting for your next run, don't give up!

I'm coming to get the red 500 this year.

-mr smiph

·
I guess I need a slednecks sticker now
611 Posts
Your risers ALWAYS get attention when someone sees my sled. Someone with your talent should be able to work their art and still make money. I hope you want to come back to the business of fabricating again when the opportunity presents itself. Your skills will be sorely missed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't say enough for the kind words!! Much appreciated. It was a tough call to make, but family always come first in my house.
There still is a chance that we may fire up the shop again, just not soon enough for me. Already getting bored at home, a guy can only trap shoot so much!!
But then again, the season startin' to change, so we have that to look forward to. All is not lost, scored a used 2011 XP for this year, so now I can be part of the BIG boy club!!
As for the little 500, long gone Mr. Snow
Smitty

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry to see the economy take a stand a up professional out of the loop.Thank you for a great product and wonderfull person to talk shop with.Ride on. Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts