Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Smart shock retrofit?

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Oldyellar50 
#1 ·
Wondering how hard and expensive it would be to retrofit the smart shock setup onto an older sled??

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

#2 ·
martin has the Maxx working with the SS
but it would still be stupid expensive
cheaper and easier just to buy a SS sled

#10 ·
Wouldn’t be cheaper if I wanted to still have 350+ trail hp.

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

#3 ·
BRP has not loaded pricing and availability for any of the required parts, (I don't see that changing this season). 3 shocks, 1 controller, wiring, connectors, 5 sensors, lots of brackets and shields...…. I would guess $6K-$8K or way more. BRP says no plans to offer a retrofit. With enough money anything can be done though ;)

#11 ·
BRP has not loaded pricing and availability for any of the required parts, (I don't see that changing this season). 3 shocks, 1 controller, wiring, connectors, 5 sensors, lots of brackets and shields...…. I would guess $6K-$8K or way more. BRP says no plans to offer a retrofit. With enough money anything can be done though ;)
Haha! True dat. Heck, between the Airwave and now this pimped out rMotion I’m going with for this season, I’ll prolly have 5K wrapped up in rear skids over the years on this. Sled. What’s a few K more? Lol

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

#7 ·
Probably will cost more than buying a used Mach next fall. I'd hold off anyway so others can ''field test'' them for a few years. Remember those 1000 Mach's ...

Reactions: muskokadoo
#8 ·
Wondering how hard and expensive it would be to retrofit the smart shock setup onto an older sled??

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports
Are you not happy with the air-wave? I sold my Enduro, was going to by out a guys snow check with smart shox $$$ but decided to buy a 2021 (used) VR1 650 instead for this year.

I really wanted the Smart Shox but I think the 2023 XRS will get some type of update (new headlight????) so figure I’ll wait, hopefully get to demo a smart shox sled this season first…..

#9 ·
Are you not happy with the air-wave? I sold my Enduro, was going to by out a guys snow check with smart shox $$$ but decided to buy a 2021 (used) VR1 650 instead for this year.

I really wanted the Smart Shox but I think the 2023 XRS will get some type of update (new headlight????) so figure I’ll wait, hopefully get to demo a smart shox sled this season first…..
I absolutely love my Airwave. Best suspension for insulating the rider from trail junk - hands down, end of conversation. Started some weekend drag racing last season and it’s weight transfer and starting line abilities are a major liability however.
Throwing in a pimped out RMotion for this year. With that said, it got me wondering just how far I could take the rMotion.

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

Reactions: snowman700
#15 ·
The Airwave is hands down the smoothest riding rear skid I have ever ridden- by a wide margin. I’m intrested to try the smart shock but find it hard to believe it’s smoother riding.
The only negative to the M20 Airwave, and all M series skids for that matter, is terrible weight transfer. I’m doing weekend drag racing, so that’s why it’s on my shelf right now.

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX3076 Gen II
Precision Sports

#16 ·
I can't really see a need to go beyond a good set of Pro 40 (Or Fox) multi adjust. Add the Hygear DSC valves and have Monster or P1 do them up. I had Ian do the ones on her 2015 renegade and they really don't leave anyone that rides it wanting for more other than more power. A good shock tuner can make them so well suited to a broad range of conditions and rider weight. Throw in the proper adjusters and you can refine this further to a point that I don't really adjust to changing conditions much. P1 did my XRS skid shocks which I left as single adjust. I might add a couple clicks to the rear compression if I switch to the back seat behind my Grandson but that's about it. I had Hygear build me a pair of Fox Float Evol RC2 ski shocks and they are fantastic as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.