Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how hard and expensive it would be to retrofit the smart shock setup onto an older sled??

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

·
boost junkie
10,891 Posts
martin has the Maxx working with the SS
but it would still be stupid expensive
cheaper and easier just to buy a SS sled

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
BRP has not loaded pricing and availability for any of the required parts, (I don't see that changing this season). 3 shocks, 1 controller, wiring, connectors, 5 sensors, lots of brackets and shields...…. I would guess $6K-$8K or way more. BRP says no plans to offer a retrofit. With enough money anything can be done though ;)

·
Registered
'09 & '13 GSX 1200's 1985 Manta 500
1,098 Posts
Probably will cost more than buying a used Mach next fall. I'd hold off anyway so others can ''field test'' them for a few years. Remember those 1000 Mach's ...

Reactions: muskokadoo

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wondering how hard and expensive it would be to retrofit the smart shock setup onto an older sled??

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports
Are you not happy with the air-wave? I sold my Enduro, was going to by out a guys snow check with smart shox $$$ but decided to buy a 2021 (used) VR1 650 instead for this year.

I really wanted the Smart Shox but I think the 2023 XRS will get some type of update (new headlight????) so figure I’ll wait, hopefully get to demo a smart shox sled this season first…..

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you not happy with the air-wave? I sold my Enduro, was going to by out a guys snow check with smart shox $$$ but decided to buy a 2021 (used) VR1 650 instead for this year.

I really wanted the Smart Shox but I think the 2023 XRS will get some type of update (new headlight????) so figure I’ll wait, hopefully get to demo a smart shox sled this season first…..
I absolutely love my Airwave. Best suspension for insulating the rider from trail junk - hands down, end of conversation. Started some weekend drag racing last season and it’s weight transfer and starting line abilities are a major liability however.
Throwing in a pimped out RMotion for this year. With that said, it got me wondering just how far I could take the rMotion.

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
martin has the Maxx working with the SS
but it would still be stupid expensive
cheaper and easier just to buy a SS sled
Wouldn’t be cheaper if I wanted to still have 350+ trail hp.

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BRP has not loaded pricing and availability for any of the required parts, (I don't see that changing this season). 3 shocks, 1 controller, wiring, connectors, 5 sensors, lots of brackets and shields...…. I would guess $6K-$8K or way more. BRP says no plans to offer a retrofit. With enough money anything can be done though ;)
Haha! True dat. Heck, between the Airwave and now this pimped out rMotion I’m going with for this season, I’ll prolly have 5K wrapped up in rear skids over the years on this. Sled. What’s a few K more? Lol

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

1 - 11 of 11 Posts