Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a small leak coming from above the very rear heat exchanger. I am hoping that it is from a clamp. If I take the flap off, will these clamps be exposed?

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
No clamp back there, solid piece. Take off cover/flap and check it out, should be easy fix with a good welder guy.

-grover

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see that now. I thought the very back piece was separate, but now I can tell it is all one piece. Do you know if this is a common fail point? The leak is coming from above the hx.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
Haven't seen anything on it, get it apart is all you can do.

-grover

·
Registered
68 Posts
I found a very similiar leak on my 2014. Started as a static leak this summer. On a 200 km ride I might loose a tsp of coolant. I just tried sealing it with JB weld SteelStik and 500 km latter it is still fine. I know welding is the best option but the hole was smaller than a pin head and the pressure won't exceed 16 psi so I thought I'd give this a try.

IMG_20150718_185237.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The picture you show of the weld bead shows an addition bead at the end. The weld beads did not fuse properly. So you have a tight seam that the coolant is leaking through. The correct way to fix it is to TIG weld it with the coolant out of it. It is in a tight spot and a 2011. I'd try the epoxy first. Carry some extra coolant when you ride too. I have heard of other people having good success with epoxy, even from stud damage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a leak on my 2011 gade but it was from towing a broke down Yamaha I slowed down the sled tunk the back of mine his bumper went below my bumper and broke the cooler in a bout the same place as yours I took it to a friend and he tig welded it up I did drain the coolent and removed the headlite pod seat and gas tank tail lite snowflap bumper and drain the oil out of tha motor so we could hang the sled upside downside so it was was easer to get at

1 - 10 of 10 Posts