Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.

I live in Iceland and have no Race manual yet. Do you guys have a race manual for the 2006 race sled on .pdf format ? If so, Would you be so kindly to send it to my on my email [email protected]

I also have proplem with the slip gear. It broke down. I need some drawings thats tell how you disemble it and put it back together.
Have you guy´s had proplem with the slip gear.

later
Gummi

·
Registered
108 Posts
If concerned, why not substitute the gear with an 04 model less the slip action if you are not racing it.

I have the black drivers and 04 gear set, no worries for trail riding. Even under the most gruelling trail riding conditions you should never slip the black drivers. The slip gear has been introduced to eliminate the drivers slipping on the MOD sled with plenty of torgue and power to do so after landing off junps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
mxzx313 said:
I seem to remember someone telling me that they could be re-built, and at $350 a pop, i would look long and hard to find a place that could do it before buying one ...
[snapback]696548[/snapback]​
800moder said:
why? 350 to rebuild or 350 for new? i dont need scooby doo to figure that one out.
[snapback]697441[/snapback]​
I think he meant at $350 for a new one he would try to find a place to rebuild it first! Not that is costs $350 to get it rebuilt!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Guys !!!

Here´s how this problem went. My boss called Team Performance and the send us a draw of the slip gear and instructions how it is supposed to fit toghether. On my gear the C-spanner dropped out and there wasn´t enough pressure on the system so it scrolled under throttle. We put it togehter and when we put it in the pressure. One washer broke.
George one of Blair Morgans best mechanic for past years (as is own shop now in canada) was here in iceland to help us with the clutches and gears. He took my sled and put a steal gear in it and change the clutches on my 440 skidoo. And guys. What a hell of a magic he did. The sled ran awesome. I was competing in the pro class and was the only one on 440 and six other on 600 mods. They were no faster then me in the start on in second heat I came second out of the first corner. I finished second in the finals so I´m pretty happy about it.
George told my that you have to take a look at the slip gear regular and check the C-spanner. If its coming out of its position you have to put it back in. If the gear brokes down, its garbage and you have to have another one.

Thanks. Guys !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts