Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Last week I bought a 2001 MXZX 600 with 6,000 miles on it. I took it out this weekend and put around 100 miles on it. After about 50 miles we hit a smooth open forest road for about 2 miles. I was holding a steady speed of about 65 MPH and when I would back off the throttle slightly it seemed to bog/drop a cylinder. If I slightly touched the throttle it would take off and sound fine. At the end of the forest road it went into some tight trails and for the first 2 turns when I went to get back into the throttle it again seemed to bog slightly but recovered immediately. The "bog" was very slight, almost just a sound rather than a very noticeable lack of power. After that I didn't notice any issues the rest of the ride. As far as I know, bone stock motor and exhaust. The previous owner cleaned the carbs last spring before storing and replaced the carbs boots 2 years ago as a precautionary measure. Do you think this is anything to worry about? Anything I should check? Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
install bigger pilot jet, new springs in both clutches and stop cruising at a steady speed, bad for clutch parts and you're also running in the leanest part of the fuel curve. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts