Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I thought I better change them as they are the originals and I have 3660 miles on the sled. They still had lots of meat left, despite being worn down to the "wear bar" where they've been for the past 1200 miles.
In fact they had 0.165" of meat...

slider1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Thanks gunner, mine are getting close to the line. Heck I'm gonna keep runnin' them for a while now.........................

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
this is typical....they wear to the line and then stop...the sled gets alot faster in ice too,when you leave them like this..

TOO MANY guys last season felt the sliders were wearing too fast...Ive always had good wear with doos for 20 yrs or more...let em wear at beginning and they are stopped by wheels.

GREAT POST and ILLUSTRATIONS!....hopefully this will show some of these how much meat is truly left.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
machzed said:
this is typical....they wear to the line and then stop...the sled gets alot faster in ice too,when you leave them like this..

TOO MANY guys last season felt the sliders were wearing too fast...Ive always had good wear with doos for 20 yrs or more...let em wear at beginning and they are stopped by wheels.

GREAT POST and ILLUSTRATIONS!....hopefully this will show some of these how much meat is truly left.

[snapback]691137[/snapback]​
Oh great, now I get an excuse to go slower? darn......

Ah well, I did heat the new ones with a propane torch through 3 heat/cool cycles at the wear point to see if that makes any difference in wear rate, as someone has suggested.
On my Tcat I used to drill dozens of 3/8" cups in each slider to capture ice/snow for lubrication..... I'm not convinced it made any real difference, but it sure did litter my garage floor with lots of curly plastic bits....

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
1Gunner said:
machzed said:

[snapback]691137[/snapback]​
Oh great, now I get an excuse to go slower? darn......

Ah well, I did heat the new ones with a propane torch through 3 heat/cool cycles at the wear point to see if that makes any difference in wear rate, as someone has suggested.
On my Tcat I used to drill dozens of 3/8" cups in each slider to capture ice/snow for lubrication..... I'm not convinced it made any real difference, but it sure did litter my garage floor with lots of curly plastic bits....

[snapback]691163[/snapback]​
LOL...yep we used to do all that too...tried alot of heat/cool cycles,drilling,grooving, ect ect...still wear to line and stop.LOL

d

·
Registered
831 Posts
only got 200 miles outa my first set on my 06 zx
However, that was do to a bad clip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts