Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting up to 5000km on my 550 Tundra and looks like it's time for new sliders. First parts i'm going to be replacing, overall i'm happy with that.

Ordered a set of graphite slides, will try them and see if they last longer then the originals, as i run in low snow conditions sometimes. Ice scratchers are not an option in the bush, prob tear off soon.

What are you getting for kms on slides?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have close to 6000km on mine and the sliders are still good. I only cross 1 ice covered road leaving my house though. I did melt them a little last spring before I modified my skis.

Now I have holes in the tails of my skis and carry a bag of bolts/nuts/washers. If it gets real icy I just flip the machine on its side and slap in a set of bolts (can't remember exact size but maybe 3/8x1.5") so the bottom of the bolt works as a scratcher to throw a bit of snow underneath. Not sure how well it would work for a liquid cooled but it does enough for the slides on my fan cooled. Just doesn't back up or cross roads well (neither of which I have to do much). I will put scratchers on the new machine though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts