Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went for a short drive last week,

if you saw the pictures i sent in a post about 2 weeks ago ( my riding area.. one of them )

then this is right in between those spots.

took of at about 6 pm and got back maybe around 8:30

My battery drained so i didn´t get the whole trip in there but at least i have about 20 mins of edited video.

non pro editing, no music, and just some friends having fun, nothing extreme.. I did manage to break the visor on my

helmet slamming my head into the handlebars on one landing :) live and learn i guess.

Hope you guys enjoy. I know i did.

just uploaded so resolution may not be up to 1080 yet.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
Looks pretty good!!!!

Lots of wide open riding over there!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we can pretty much go where we want to.. if there is snow coverage then there are no restrictions :)

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Very cool.... thanks for sharing!

My wife wants to take a trip over to Iceland, rent sleds and see the northern lights. If I show her this video, she is going to want to go NOW!!!! :laugh_old:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool.... thanks for sharing!

My wife wants to take a trip over to Iceland, rent sleds and see the northern lights. If I show her this video, she is going to want to go NOW!!!! :laugh_old:
Feel free to contact me if you do.
I'd be happy to show you around or take a short sled run with you. The tourist sled places or rentals are really strict.. Everyone in line, no speeding, no fun :)

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Feel free to contact me if you do.
I'd be happy to show you around or take a short sled run with you. The tourist sled places or rentals are really strict.. Everyone in line, no speeding, no fun :)
Thanks for the offer addano!!!! I may take you up on that..... I would so much prefer bringing my own sled but I don't think they would fit in the overhead bins on the plane!!!

We have been talking about a trip to Iceland the past couple years so we may start look at planning a trip.

My wife desperately wants to see the northern lights as part of her bucket list. When is the best time of year to plan a trip?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer addano!!!! I may take you up on that..... I would so much prefer bringing my own sled but I don't think they would fit in the overhead bins on the plane!!!

We have been talking about a trip to Iceland the past couple years so we may start look at planning a trip.

My wife desperately wants to see the northern lights as part of her bucket list. When is the best time of year to plan a trip?
Anytime in the winter basically. Late april until late August is a no go for northern lights cause it doesn't really get dark at night.. june/july have daylight 24/7
So november to march would be good.

There's a forecast of some sorts for the northern lights but i wouldnt wait for to long.. the frequency and intensity does wary. Takes a few years, we had our lasy peak season last year i think so less and less for a few years and then increases again for a few until the next peak.

Might be able to get you decent sleds to rent with a "you brake you buy" clause.

The best time for sledding is now and intil june. Lots of light and lots of snow

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can see the northern lights out of my window late evening and night time.. cosy

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Anytime in the winter basically. Late april until late August is a no go for northern lights cause it doesn't really get dark at night.. june/july have daylight 24/7
So november to march would be good.

There's a forecast of some sorts for the northern lights but i wouldnt wait for to long.. the frequency and intensity does wary. Takes a few years, we had our lasy peak season last year i think so less and less for a few years and then increases again for a few until the next peak.

Might be able to get you decent sleds to rent with a "you brake you buy" clause.

The best time for sledding is now and intil june. Lots of light and lots of snow
Thanks addano! I will tell the wife about it.

It may be time to start planning the trip to Iceland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts