Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since saturday after noon a sledder went missing, the weather was stormy and he got lost. apparently he was lagging behind the 2 other guys that were with him and he must of got disorientated and lost his way. today a search was organized and probably 200 people were out looking for him. this afternoon they found his sled, but they have still never had any luck in finding him yet.

·
Who Shot My Paw??
5,344 Posts
mike157 said:
since saturday after noon a sledder went missing, the weather was stormy and he got lost. apparently he was lagging behind the 2 other guys that were with him and he must of got disorientated and lost his way. today a search was organized and probably 200 people were out looking for him. this afternoon they found his sled, but they have still never had any luck in finding him yet.
[snapback]735879[/snapback]​
where????

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Not good, that happened to me and some friends about 6 weeks ago. Too much wind, snow and dark. We didn't get out until 9 pm. (started at 2 pm to to find our way back) I am definitley investing in a good GPS Hope they find him alive!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
im a member of a bike forum and most of them guys wont give you the time of day without having a general location filled in, in a way, i think its a good idea, maybe we can make it a unwritten rule here as well, for the "just in case" like we have here...........

i think its terrible someone would post a thread like this for 1/2 the world to see and not post a location as to where this may be happening

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Probabely the guy we pulled out of the Creek West of Munising Friday.....his buddies never came looking for him and he waited over 2 hrs for them.

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
skidoo said:
I am definitley investing in a good GPS
[snapback]735937[/snapback]​
GPS is a waste of time. All it does is put people, who should never have been out in the bush/back country, into situations they shouldn't be in.

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
Yup.... that's REAL cool when someone's "friends" check out on them and leave them behind for dead. Idiots.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
Still no local from the post starter? Thats real sweet telling DOOTALK about this and then not following up...Maybe more people could/would be willing to help if more info was provided!

·
Registered
799 Posts
somehow columbus discovered america... oh right it was cuba and by accident... but seriously a map and compass have never failed me and don't require batteries...

BTW someone fill us in on what happened, did they find the guy alive?

thoughts and prayers
Killer

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
I find that GPS is a very useful tool. It is an electronic gadget that can fail due to any of a number of reasons. Killer's point is well taken. If you are using GPS to navigate back home, have a backup plan. A good Silva compass and a USGS topo map and the ability to use them can save the day.

If you want to learn more about navigating with a compass and map, get the book titled: Be Expert With Map and Compass.

·
sledhead
2,241 Posts
killerMXZ700 said:
somehow columbus discovered america... oh right it was cuba and by accident... but seriously a map and compass have never failed me and don't require batteries...

[snapback]736477[/snapback]​
can you strap a sun dial to my wrist

1 - 20 of 68 Posts