Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ten youths have been arrested in the latest wave of snowmobile thefts to hit the city. According to RCMP, 26 machines have been stolen so far since Jan.1, 2006.

"In order to prevent your machine from being stolen, it must be secured with a chain or cable or inside a shed," Const. Colleen Werrell said.
"It is not enough to remove a spark plug or park your machine in front of your house."

On Tuesday, seven male youths were arrested for the recent thefts as well as several residential break & enters.

Two of the youth arrested this week face charges in connection with earlier snowmobile thefts and new charges are expected.

Charges are also pending against the other five males.

In addition, three female youths have been charged with theft of snowmobiles.

A comparison shows that during the same time span in January 2004, only two snowmobile thefts were reported, while in 2005 one was stolen in the entire month of January.

A local SkiDoo Summit rider who wished to remain anonymous said "Give them to us snowmobilers for a little lesson in life's rules, we'll impress upon them how important our snowmobiles are to us."

No word on when the youths would appear in court, however a group of concerned snowmobilers have voiced interest in attending "to see justice done."

Building Audio equipment Font Circle Event
 

Attachments

·
ITs WINTER!
Joined
·
7,497 Posts
Good, i hope they all get a load of fines and have their a$$ kicked by their parents...
 

·
Just doo it.
Joined
·
690 Posts
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
Good, i hope they all get a load of fines and have their a$$ kicked by their parents...
[snapback]709463[/snapback]​
Ditto man, that fact is we shouldnt have to remove a sprk plug or chain it to the ground, cmon, its Yellowknife, and its unfortunate to see it getting worse and worse, drug rings, theft rings... anything rings. I hope those kids get taught a lesson...
 

·
E-Tec Rules
Joined
·
34,023 Posts
but tracking sytem in your sled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,148 Posts
have their a$$ kicked by their parents...

Unfortunately, the @ss kicking didn't start when they were young. If so, they would be out earning the money to BUY a sled, and realize the sacrifices we make to own one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mbret2004 said:
have their a$$ kicked by their parents...

Unfortunately, the @ss kicking didn't start when they were young. If so, they would be out earning the money to BUY a sled, and realize the sacrifices we make to own one.

[snapback]709487[/snapback]​
Probably very true mbret, I'll bet these punks are already well known by at least their school counsellors, if not the 5-O

In fact, it's a small place we live in, I might know some of them already...
 

·
ITs WINTER!
Joined
·
7,497 Posts
Been hooking them up with ritalin?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
papasled said:
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
Been hooking them up with ritalin?

[snapback]709510[/snapback]​
selling them those sleep CD's, the phrase "Only steal cats and poos" repeats over and over.............
[snapback]709529[/snapback]​
I;ve been using an effective anti theft device for years... I put a Poo cover on my Doo so everyone thinks there's nuthin under it worth takin!
 

·
E-Tec Rules
Joined
·
34,023 Posts
i was ride my snow scoot and i parked it a foot away from the front door and my dad comes home and takes the key out of it and i tell nobody with steal a sled a foot away from a house and it would take 5 or 6 kicks to get it sarted when it is cold and nobody will steal a kick start sled
 
G

·
Knowing the Canadian justice system they will end up with a slap on the wrist and when they turn 19 they will now longer have a criminal record!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
papasled said:
Ten youths have been arrested in the latest wave of snowmobile thefts to hit the city. According to RCMP, 26 machines have been stolen so far since Jan.1, 2006.

"In order to prevent your machine from being stolen, it must be secured with a chain or cable or inside a shed," Const. Colleen Werrell said.
"It is not enough to remove a spark plug or park your machine in front of your house."

On Tuesday, seven male youths were arrested for the recent thefts as well as several residential break & enters.

Two of the youth arrested this week face charges in connection with earlier snowmobile thefts and new charges are expected.

Charges are also pending against the other five males.

In addition, three female youths have been charged with theft of snowmobiles.

A comparison shows that during the same time span in January 2004, only two snowmobile thefts were reported, while in 2005 one was stolen in the entire month of January.

A local SkiDoo Summit rider who wished to remain anonymous said "Give them to us snowmobilers for a little lesson in life's rules, we'll impress upon them how important our snowmobiles are to us."

No word on when the youths would appear in court, however a group of concerned snowmobilers have voiced interest in attending "to see justice done."

View attachment 47240
[snapback]709446[/snapback]​
I say give them the max!!!! They are old enough to know better, hard time and them make them work on a chain gang on the highways picking up trash when its 90 degrees with no water. Can you tell that this "edit for bad language" me off when I hear about this????

STEVE
 

·
ITs WINTER!
Joined
·
7,497 Posts
One problem there zx227, it doesnt get nearly that hot here!


I guess we could ship them down south to find some heat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
MamaSled said:
We could make trail groomers out of them!!!
[snapback]709794[/snapback]​
Ya! with hand rakes and shovels...who cares how much they get done. In this case they could wear T shirts and shorts. I promise I will calm down after this post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
One problem there zx227, it doesnt get nearly that hot here!


I guess we could ship them down south to find some heat

[snapback]709797[/snapback]​
I used to live in Arkansas and I can promise you it gets hot there!!!! I realized where this happened after I submitted the post. I had tunnel vision for a minute.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,186 Posts
Should run them over repeatedly with a 162 long tracked 2.5 lug sled
for starters
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top