Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this past weekend I was riding my 09' Summit 800r I made it 4 miles and then pow. the lights went out going 40mph and i busted my junk on the bar riser.

I got off the figure out what was up and there was nothing i could see. There was anti-freeze coming out of the bottom at fast rate and if I tried to start the sled, all I got was a big cloud of smoke out the exhaust. No warning lights were on and it didnt spudder or bog, it just instantly died.

Any Ideas where to look?

·
Registered
959 Posts
i needed a new top end when that happened to me...

·
Registered
959 Posts
then i am no help :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard that with the computer system there are certain sensors that will shut down the sled if something is wrong. I will look into a blown coolant line maybe.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I had a buddy smoke a 600 trying to keep up with the 800's in DEEP pow, had it redlined all day and smashing the trail out she grenaded. Giant cloud of sweet steam and he rolls to a stop. We stop next to him as he is pulling trying to start it. And its spitting chunks of metal and coolant out of the exhaust... He looks at us and says "i duno what happened it just died, think it blew up??" Hahaha!! Umm, yea.. i think so...

·
Premium Member
27,912 Posts
Hello all, this past weekend I was riding my 09' Summit 800r I made it 4 miles and then pow. the lights went out going 40mph and i busted my junk on the bar riser.

I got off the figure out what was up and there was nothing i could see. There was anti-freeze coming out of the bottom at fast rate and if I tried to start the sled, all I got was a big cloud of smoke out the exhaust. No warning lights were on and it didnt spudder or bog, it just instantly died.

Any Ideas where to look?
Something I'm not getting. You got off the sled to figure out what was up and there was nothing you could see, except for anti-freeze gushing out of the bottom of the sled??? Then you started the sled and got a big cloud of smoke out of the exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts