Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 800 L/C domes stock pipe. Sled pulls great to 7200 then slows to 6900 and stays there. I was in powder snow
and then it started acting up. Changed plugs ,spark plug caps ,belt.Checked compression 125 per side? It was running strong before this. Also was in heated garage all night so it was all melted out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
my 04 440 did this too after riding in powder, it would run fine till i road in powder. I think that it was sucking snow into the air box and the motor compartement became filled with snow and the carbs started frosting. I was also running isopropyl but i went and put it in a heated show and took of the air box and it was full of water so i think that it was running on gas oil and water haha. So i am going to make prefilters on the air box and the other screens to keep snow out because after it unthawed and the snow melted it ran really good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bighiter said:
my 04 440 did this too after riding in powder, it would run fine till i road in powder. I think that it was sucking snow into the air box and the motor compartement became filled with snow and the carbs started frosting. I was also running isopropyl but i went and put it in a heated show and took of the air box and it was full of water so i think that it was running on gas oil and water haha. So i am going to make prefilters on the air box and the other screens to keep snow out because after it unthawed and the snow melted it ran really good.
[snapback]684983[/snapback]​
Mine won't run well after thawing out.I kept it in the heated garage all night.but I was not running prefilters. My rave valve is dripping oil so maybe it is stuck.Im going to look at that next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.